Reviews for Winter
Beauty From Pain chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
I liked it! Simple and sweet ) Keep up the great work!
Carlette chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
It's beautiful!

I could never write a haiku as lovely as you do!

Great job!
Ygg chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
This is so sweet, gentle and peaceful. Very heartwarming too. Great work!
rouquinamour chapter 1 . 2/16/2008
very sweet :)

that is why I love winter too!

Is this a variation on a haiku?
IdeasInTheAir chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
I love this.) You know, this MIGHT be the one you spoke of. The friendship would work for the story really well. And it was origonally written in Japenese, so it actually fits REALLY well. Like one of the ones Takishi wrote.

Anywho, I love the poem. It is really well written. You are very lucky to be able to write poems and stories. I can't write poetry for beans.)

Smiles for you!

Danielle
Basara chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
sweet comment of life...

nice..
little-chibi-girl chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
if I'm correct (and I hope I am considering I've done a few XD ) haiku's are a certain number of syllables. That means the japansese version must be somewhat different, since they're bound to have a diiferent syllable count. just a thought. anyway... I think it's cute, and the contrast between the warm and cold is cool (haha). also, I read that haikus were meant for nature, so you did that plus more. :D
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Short and sweet. I like it. Personally, I think Winter is amazing and I love the cold, but this poem made me smile. It reminds me of hot chocolate and how snow always sparkles so magnificently at nighttime. Nicely done. Thanks for the translation!
Kitty Puff chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
Aw! This was lovely. Short, simple but very sweet. I personally find haikus quite hard to write so I want to congratulate you on doing a sound job of it. It's very easy to relate to and all the more pleasant to read it for that reason. I'm not sure if you did it on purpose or not, but were the first seven syllables purposely on divided lines. Because normally (at least to my experience) they would all be on one line. I could of course be wrong, but that thought just struck me before I even started reading the poem.

No matter. Another accomplished piece of writing from you.

Well done!

Kitty Puff
Rose Valentine chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Aww . . . . I don't know who this wonderful haiku's dedicated, but it sounds warm enough to read during winters!
Lisa98 chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
that is very cute. it is different from your style but i do really like it. i also like how you are trying something different and i definately think you accomplished it. it made me smile : ) keep it up!
5by5 chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
Short but great. And it's very easy to relate, i totally know what you mean.

Keep writing :)
Translucently Opaque chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
That's so sweet. I'm not quite sure how haikus work, so I can't really offer any constructive critisism. I like it a lot though. Neat idea. Keep posting awesome stuff!
jojoba-music-girl chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
Wow...this is simple, yet so touching! I really really love this and I think it's too bad that I can't read or understand Japanese, otherwise I'd read that one too. But I'm so glad you've translated this one! I think you're very smart, learning Japanese and all, and that you can even write poems in Japanese...I think that's very good! Great job, this one will go into my favourites!