Reviews for Fight the Tide
Napoleonic chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
I wouldn't say the scheme is flawless per se, there was at least once instance where the meter rhythm stumbled, something about the "Electric embrace..." bit felt off for me, but poetry isn't my forte so feel free to disregard. The imagery, however, makes up for that completely. I won't bother giving an account of what I gathered from the piece, but I will say that I did get something out of it and I think that's most important. Your use of language is excellent and I also enjoy how you toyed with the font style to emphasize certain aspects of the piece.

All in all though, well done. Absolutely.
Luna Turner chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
After reading your profile and recieving the information that you are 21... I seriously thought about not reviewing your work at all. I don't know if you will take my reviews seriously because of my age... but I will give you my opinion never the less.

True. This poem is somewhat hard to understand. There's alot of meaning to derive from it. This is what I got. To me, this poem is about the things we want in life, the struggle to get them, and the conclusion of whether or not we succeded in our quest. Maybe this poem is about something totally different. But that's what I got.

Great job with the rhyme scheme. You managed to make it flow flawlessly and all the while using words that express the feel and mood of the poem well.

Honestly? Criticisms from me? Not this time.

Amazing job. Flawless job. A writer's job. No, a GOOD writer's job. :-)

~Luna Turner
Glacier1093 chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
I thought this was cool, though I can't claim I understood ALL of it, I loved section seven "Our wings crave sky, not just shore-Not legs to stand on, but wings to soar." that line in particular I thought was brilliant!