Reviews for dear, welcome to reality
Lost in A World of Pain chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Hey there, sorry for taking so long to review again, life, etc. At any rate, I really liked this poem a lot. A great many issues were addressed in a fantastic manner, and apart from a few grammatical errors the poem was flawless. You describe many feelings that people tend to go through at one time or another in their lives and it is put in a way that sometimes a person finds words hard to describe. Each stanza is great, but my favourite has to be the last one. The advice is sound and sad to say true for most of the world. Society loves conformists, people who adhere to the norms of life and don't do anything to change it or make it different. The idealist is all too often frowned upon and made to feel like an outsider, or somebody who doesn't have their priorities right. An excellent poem that has been added to my fav list! Keep it up!

Cheers

Lost in A World of Pain
tearing hands chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
I love the bitter and sarcastic tone to this and how you used "She said 'dear, welcome to reality-'" at the beginning of every stanza, which gave the poem a really nice rhythm. My favorite stanza is the one about the rain and the rainbow.
IdeasInTheAir chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
I love it, it is kind of like looking at each side of life. This is going into my favourites, I really love it. )))))/5 on the smile meter.

~Danielle)
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Reality is no place in which to feel welcome.

Nice piece as always, though I don't think I'm crazy about starting each stanza with the same phrase. Just me.