Reviews for Why no one reads your story?
ImmanenceEnsured chapter 3 . 8/26
"If you have constructive criticism on your piece, that's a no-no. It means someone has said something bad about your story." Are you serious? On an amateur writing site? For people roughly between the ages of 14 and 25 (with a few exceptions)? It's the constructive part that makes receiving the criticism a positive experience, you know that, right? People write on this site to a) have fun and be creative, b) share what they create and c) improve their writing. Where else to do it?
Also, rating a story based on the amount of reviews it's received? You must not know the difference between quality and quantity.

I wouldn't be this scathing if it wasn't for the dozens of spelling and grammar mistakes in this guide. Maybe you need some constructive criticism yourself? Here, I'll give it to you:

Hi author! This is a great guide, I laughed my ass off during the whole first chapter, your sass is really something. Love the insertion of humour, don't love the spelling and grammar mistakes. Maybe use a filter next time? It would greatly improve your readers' experience (and their desire to keep reading). Also, chapter three was ridiculous, for reasons spelled out above.
jackthebaxter chapter 3 . 1/29
Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with you for Chapter 3.
While of course it's great to have a wholly positive review, constructive criticism is the reason a lot of people come here. Saying that people shouldn't include constructive criticism because it means mentioning that there's something they didn't like about the story undermines the entire purpose of the site.
beeswaxsmith chapter 2 . 7/6/2015
I am sad to admit that I often say things like "My first story" and all. However, nice one, and you relaly showed us!
beeswaxsmith chapter 1 . 7/6/2015
This... this was hilarious.
angelinsydney chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Love this
SunsetSprite chapter 17 . 1/1/2013
I so agree with you on the Supernatural part. You know why that is? It was all Stephanie Myer, ((if the spellings wrong, I'm sorry.)), fault. -_- If you get what I mean...
sulk chapter 18 . 12/16/2011
Witty and enlightening yet your stigmatisation of AIDS is disheartening as well as wholly problematic and just as embarrassing as the examples you have given of other authors.
Sayryn chapter 19 . 7/29/2011
I have read only the first four chapters of your essay and they amused me to no end. Nice work :)
Fi-Fie chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Seriously something like First fic,Please review,I suck at summary, etc didn't tick me off like others might be cuz I did it too and what you said kinda stab me in the heart though but gotta admit it most of is true and it's cool,helpful in some something like MxM,slash,etc is pretty helpful.I'm sure you know it too so I'm not going to flame or whatever even if I don't completely agree with I'm saying is keep going.
Wtf-Are-Scrambled-Eggs chapter 19 . 2/27/2010
This was helpful - and at times, funny - so thanks!
Shikaido Yuki chapter 19 . 1/21/2010
lol, i thoroughly enjoyed reading this essay. and to be honest, i've never even browsed the essay section before - i found your title (so very interesting) in talyn gray's profile - in one of her favorite stories. I do browse stories by jumping from profile to profile, clicking at their 'favorite stories'. Thanks for the advice! I really, really like the way you write all those things... very honest and straight-forward and it just made me chuckle. lol. i'm now going to read yet another of your essay: why a story has an audience.

If only I knew essays were this good I'd browse this section a long time ago. Or is it just your essay? Hmm. XD
Shinigami RULES chapter 19 . 12/3/2009
Just read the last chapter and i think you made a lot of great points and my writing ability has improbed for reading this story. I can't wait for the next one mainly because, although its sad to say the other authors of fictionpress need writers like you to help us become better and show us the flaws in conventional writing. Write like its the last chapter you'll ever have, and DIE FLAMERS!
Temaire chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
this is not bad but when i read these kind of things it is just so much more fun if you sound angry, i am just not picking up that vibe
Philodice chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
Whoo! I love slash fics!

(I'm rolling on the floor laughing between typing these words. My husband is laughing behind me.)
Miss-You-Too chapter 19 . 8/15/2009
Lol, this was hilarious. Some things I could agree with like the anonymous reviews where it's the author reviewing themselves, I even stumbled on a story where it had over a 100 reviews with only 4 chapters and I'm like wow, this story must be good! I was disapoitend to say the least. Not to mention when I looked at the reviews it seemed that is was a bunch of anonymous reviewers having conversation with the author and talking about nothing that pertains to the story.

All in all thing really entertained me and was worth reading in one whole sitting.
147 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »