Reviews for Flying
Lea Ai chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Freebie :-D

This was beautiful! Although short, you captured all the necessary details to place us in the story. It was easy to imagine being the eagle, feeling the clouds (something that I've always wanted to feel). I loved how you described her feathers unfolding. It was very natural and very easy to imagine for anyone who has ever seen an eagle in flight. I loved the description of the tassels on the corn and the only thing I would have added would be to maybe talk about the golden tops of the corn as she is flying upwards (not necessary, just something I thought of as I was reading-it is beautiful and just fine without it!). The ending sentence was just breathtaking.

Great job! (I hope you got an "A" on your paper :-D)
Miss Bob chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
*bows* Your April Fools day review, madam. My apologies for the delay.

Oh wow, this story, or one shot, or whatever it is, it's... it's amazing, it feels so free...

I like the way you haven't named the character, that she just remains a 'she', it means that the reader can relate to her so much more, I know I was imagining myself fly as I read.

Also, the slow and steady way you have set the scene: describing the field, the unfurling of her wings, and then taking off and diving in and out of clouds. It's amaing, I love it. And you can't even tell what kind of creature the character is, that's what makes this one shot a treat for the imagination. Utterly adore it. Totally favouriting.

-Beatles
xDancingintheRainx chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Beautiful. The imagery was lovely and really came alive for me. It reminded me of my Aunt's farm in the south where you could get lost in the sky. The mood of this piece is so innocent and beautiful and you've really done a great job capturing and portraying the feeling of freedom. Well done.