Reviews for saying goodbye doesn't sound half bad
shadow-of-a-trackless-sea chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Lovely my dear. You know as well as i just how bad the world can hurt and how empty and meaningless it can feel sometimes, but don't let that keep you down. We are all put here for a reason whether we know what it is or not.
creepy kiss on tuesday chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
[ You do have to love yourself and look outside of you. Balance.

I like this though. "Don't ever tell me photographic memory is lovely"

I can completely relate. I hate remembering Eric. And he never hurt me, so it must only be half as bad.
Faith Adeline chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
I know what you mean. For all my life I was raised catholic, and now I realize that sometimes I left church feeling empty because I was always told " you aren't worthy of his love" i dunno. great poem. very real, very good.

Faith
Sanity's Oubliette chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
Rambling. Although you break up the lines like a poem, it's just rambling. GOOD rambling though. It has a lot of points in there, and are VERY personal. If you just left this as a 'journal' piece, in paragraphs, with tighter grammar, it'd be even better. It would definitely be easier to read and follow.

"I must say, I was pulled in at the start. The only part that felt like a poem was:

i could write about the way he protected me

or i could write about the way he manipulated me

i could write about the times that he held me

or i could write about the times he lied."

I really liked this part, it was something I could relate to. The balancing act of redemption for others when your happiness is on the line is very difficult to deal with. I myself have a hard time dealing with my own personal standards, and setting them so high that I remain constantly discouraged and depressed. I also like where you snipe at how people say you have to love yourself first to love others, but then turn around and say to go beyond yourself and love and serve and help others to be at peace with yourself. Mizxed messages are one thing, conflicting messages are another.

Over all, the words you used, and the points you brought up, we all very well expressed. It just didn't really sit as a poem for me.
Autumn Lace chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
You know, I love all your work. So, VERY GOOD!

-Flare had soda today!