Reviews for The Tale of the Broken Umbrella
MacKitty chapter 2 . 3/25/2008
wow...you actually made me blush with the thank you at the end. that's hard to do. i wasn't expecting that...anyway, i love the line about how he didn't want to give his words to people. this story's pretty poetic and makes me think water color for some reason. and 'the broken umbrella'...i love that. just the title is really cool and gives me this awesome image. there's a typo somewhere in the same paragraph with the line about not wanting to give his words to people. it says 'don't wasn't' and i think you meant to say 'don't want.' overall, i get an elegant feel from this and kind of French and just...yay. anyway, hope that made sense. see ya!
Ambriel chapter 2 . 3/22/2008
I finally got around reading the latest chapter! I'm behind on my reviews! D:

I've thought about it and I can't pick between BU and Loveheart! I love both! ;0; I think Loveheart is a bit more... um how to say.. lighthearted while BU is more serious and a bit sad. Luke reminds me of a kicked puppy! The poor boy!

What I liked best in this chapter is how Luke is trying to be someone worthy of Knight while swearing he'll never fall in love again. It's kind of 2 opposite thoughts to me and it creates an interesting duality.
XxAmericanxBeautyxX chapter 2 . 3/21/2008
Interesting beginning so far. Looking forward to reading more. :)
Narcotic Affliction chapter 2 . 3/21/2008
Oh, dear. Luke has the perfectly [well, almost] perfect sad, cute, timid, and lick-my-face-it-tastes-like-cake look to him. It's so adorable it makes me want to squee!

And that one man in the corner sounds so interesting, you make his eyes sound as if they were perfect eclipses of the moon. Tres, tres hot.

Update soon, daisycakes!
unknown'writer'loved chapter 2 . 3/20/2008
OH MY GOD.

I just read this because I was like "OK, I need to read some really good accurate slash" and then it was like "OK. Freak-of-Spade's updated the Umbrella story. HMM I didn't really get into the first chapter because I disliked Knight but I shall read it anyhow" AND NOW I LOVE IT.

I LOVE LUKE.

AW SQUEE!

love it!
Esquirella chapter 2 . 3/19/2008
Luke is a very endearing character.
Corinnthe chapter 2 . 3/19/2008
Wow, poor Luke makes my heart throb, it's so sad! I hope you update soon, I'm eager to see what happens next!

x
chocolate-chandelier chapter 2 . 3/19/2008
I seriously love this story.

It's one of those things where it isn't just slash for entertainment, but something that I can relate to...

I hope you continue writing this
Thread of Life chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
O this story sounds promising. I really like it! And the end of the chapter made me laugh, where they speculate who the man really is. The story is so sad and depressing (which I like!), and it's kind of like his cafe is a sanctuary/comfort for him. I like the cafe. I can't really tell yet considering it's only chapter 2, but you have a nice balance so far. (Random, but does he ever play the piano at the cafe?)

You're a fantastic writer. And I mean it! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to read more!
kcn chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
8D (Little did you know, I'm your secret stalker)

On a more serious note, I like the story! Poor kid, having to live in a shit-shack. Well, I do hope things get better for him!
Lucy Kemnitzer chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
I am so glad that you have updated this story. Of the two, I like this one more than the other. I'm afraid to say why - I just like this guy's predicament better, I guess: it's the story Pinocchio ought to have been, maybe. Luke's journey to become a real boy.

I'm wondering whether Knight comes back into his life: I'm wondering whether Knight has been looking for him this whole last year: I'm wondering whether laptop guy is the one: I'm wondering what I can do to you to make you write longer chapters and advance the story faster because I'm eager to find these things out.
Cattails chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
Aw, Luke! I just want to hug him. But I still think he's getting more out of life this way...and that café sounds GORGEOUS! And it has a piano...that makes it even better. I like the customers...especially Fog. Do I sense romance in the future for Mystery Laptop Man and Luke? :P Hehe. I really like this so far...it is really different than your other stories! But you're doing well _
gummybaby chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
this story rules...it is very dark, but I was listening to really happy music while reading it so it balanced things out. I hope things look up for our poor Luke...
theStarfly chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
oh god.. rape with sticky blaccurrent jam and icing? *moans* I wish I had known about that contest so I could've voted . If it helps at all, I totally would have if I had known about it :)

And thanks! I try my best with reviews. Half the time I am soo delirious that I'm surprised people don't write me off as crazy XD *glomp*

This was great.. when you say "This is it for now." do you mean, for ever for now, or just, for now, for now? Because I definitely still love this story :) I should start writing more again. . I'm so jealous of your AMAZING. (yes, it's a noun, now.)

I'm curious about the stranger dude with the laptop :) He seems interesting.

And, POOR LUKE w I JUST WANT TO EAT HIM UP!

I love this story *nodnod*
kiki chapter 2 . 3/18/2008
then Knight comes in the cafe one day and surprised Luke?
219 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »