Reviews for The Tale of the Broken Umbrella
kazoua chapter 10 . 8/19/2008
Oh jeez. The effect of having the past and present meshed together is wonderful. The change of character, the hinting in the past of Luke's future behavior, the change in point of view. I simply love this story.
fam chapter 10 . 8/19/2008
The flashbacks were to get us to re-evaluate Knight, weren't they? DONT'T LIE! YOU KNOW THEY WERE! *creepy glare of doom and evil and all things threatening* Well, you didn't succeed with me. I still don't like Knight. I do, however, think that maybe Luke did act a bit impulsively. He should have talked to Knight and not just assume they were breaking up.

I like Mr Hathers, he sounds cool. Wish I one.

Where did Galen go? Was it job-related? Speaking of Galens job, are we ever going to find out what it is? Is Fog jealous? Are you going to answer any of this? Am I wasting my time asking?

'the way he slightly hissed his words sometimes', more Voldemort-like behavior right there.

Update soon :)

p.s. if you ever do leave, you could always stay with me XD
Parchment Quill chapter 10 . 8/19/2008
I know what you mean. I wish that I could just leave, put my family behind me. Living with someone you hate is not exactly a desirable situation, I suppose. Anyways, great chapter; I think it is one of the longest chapters that I have ever read. But, um, what exactly happened to Galen? Why was he gone for so long. I do not believe that I could have spent that much time away from Luke if I were him. Well, update soon.
PencilSketchS chapter 10 . 8/19/2008
this chapter made me: get to know Knight better, and kinda re-evaluate my opinion of him a bit. made me wonder if Luke was too quick to walk away from the relationship. maybe it's a lack of closure that has him pining away. everybody just really has to have communicated more, said what they meant more clearly, asked more questions and not left everything till near breaking point.

Good luck with ur dad. Just remember u think best when ur calm.
Cattails chapter 10 . 8/19/2008
Alright, I love Mr. Hathers. I'm trying to figure out why he keeps calling Luke "Humperdink" (he doesn't seem like the prince from The Princess Bride...)... Wow O_O That is a lot of cleaning. Luke's like a jack-of-all-trades! Cleaning, walking dogs, working at the café... I just can't get over how different Luke and Knight were in the beginning of their relationship! I mean...wow! I really do like these flashbacks. Hm, Galen randomly disappearing...I'm just stick with writer :P But I bet it's much more sinister than that! Maybe... Hm, I wonder what's going to happen when Luke runs into Knight again? (Cuz I know it's gonna happen!) I mean, he's still stuck on him, but then there's Galen...hm... Ha, I love Galen's "I'm gonna stalk you!" warning XD And Luke just takes it all in stride... Ah, so that's how he ended up moving in with Knight! And I'm gonna guess he dropped out of university because of hating Science, or something... Guess I'll have to wat to find out! Looking forward to the next chapter! :D
theStarfly chapter 10 . 8/19/2008
Don't worry about the length, it's great to have that much in one :) :) :) It made me happy.

I feel so bad for Luke, I wish he could learn how to get over Knight. I don't particularly like Knight. As a person, I mean. Your characters are so well developed and amazing, though!

It's so sad how full of life Luke is, even when he's angry with his parents, and it's angry supressed life, it's so sad to compare that to his life after Knight, just.. there's nothing left. :(

Galen brings some of it back though. I'm so excited!

If I were your friend IRL, and I knew you, and we were good friends, you could totally come escape and leave with me haha. I'm not trying to sound like a stalker D: Quite the contrary.

You're an amazing author, can't wait for the next chapter :)
Eclipse chapter 10 . 8/19/2008
This story is really interesting, I just want to know, what does Luke look like? I know he's thin, but that's about it. And that his eyes are maybe...brown?

Will Luke ever show off his mad skills in piano to Galen? Please say soon, I can just imagine the scene already!

Well, thank you for posting this story, and uploading new chapters semi-regularly, THANKS!
one little hollow chapter 10 . 8/19/2008
The choppiness gives it character and more raw emotions, you know?

Ah, Luke. It seems like he had more character and snark in the old days, but went...stale or something after extended stay in Knight's presence. Poor guy.
Thread of Life chapter 9 . 8/11/2008
I meant to review this when you first posted, but my computer froze.

I don't hate Knight. I dunno why. I don't really know that he meant what he said. I think he was just kind of shocked. But we'll see.

And I think Galen was a little harsh to his mother. It's strange he brought Luke there in the first place.

I'd really like to see Galen's reaction to Luke's apartment. And a Knight return.

Yay Bubbles and Winter Storms! And by the way, this chapter was perfectly fine. You're too harsh on yourself. :)
Ambriel chapter 9 . 8/11/2008
Luke doesn't realize everyone and their moms has been telling him that Galen is an evil, shady character. He's just realizing it for himself now? ;

It's funny how he can be really observant at times and completely oblivious at others.

Now I have an urge to find my Danse Macabre CD and listen to it on fast-forward...

I still think Galen's shady. He probably has a really mysterious occupation. Grim Reaper on vacations among the mortals?

ps: I like how the chapter's written.

pps: Please, live?
Ty Taco chapter 9 . 8/8/2008
LOVE THIS BOOK.

can't wait for the next chapter.

xoxoxoxox,

Ty
PencilSketchS chapter 9 . 8/7/2008
i agree with u about dark knight. the joker was amazing, especially where the hospital blew up. as for this chapter: Galen's mean side was kind of shocking. i wonder where all that aminosity came from. and i actually found Knight to be bearable in this chapter. but he either seriously under estimates Luke or over estimates himself. or i'm just biased.
Cattails chapter 9 . 8/7/2008
Well, it's nice to see "the slaughterhouse" wasn't really a slaughterhouse :P Ah, my opinion of Galen remains basically the same :P I like him, but I'm highly suspicious of him. What is he up to...? Hmm... Oh, yeah! Caroline! I had completely forgotten her! Whoops... And once again, Luke is kidnapped... Seriously! Luke and Knight were so freaking cute together! And Knight was so nice! What happened? Did Luke suffer from a lobotomy perhaps? Maybe a personality lobotomy? I don't know! Anyway...star gazing, yay! :D They're cute together too...but I still think Galen is up to something... Looking forward to the next chapter! :D
plumblossom chapter 9 . 8/6/2008
Do you live in a very isolated place? How do you avoid going to the movies your whole life?

Actually, the more I know abouitKnight and our guy and Galen, the more insane our guy seems to be, and the more likely it is that Knight didn't mean to throw him out at all, but just felt frustrated.

And no, I don't hate Galen because he's mean to his very messed up mommy. Clearly there's history there. Our guy might end up redeeming himself by reconciling them, maybe?

He certainly feels sorry for himself for a life that he's living now which is not really all that bad . . .
glitterdustprincess chapter 1 . 8/6/2008