Reviews for the memories taste of copper
trash cans unite chapter 1 . 1/21/2009
konnichi wa

You have such a way with words. These are brutally honest, which makes them all the more powerful. Stunning imagery. I just cannot get over how straight-forward you are in this piece. In your auther's note you mentioned the poem may seem confusing to the reader, but I was not at all confused. That is what struck me: usually, when my pieces are personal, they make no sense to others. Because I don't add in any background information needed to understand the situation at hand. And so the poems become completely unintelligible except to me. With you that is not the case. Kudos. Wonderful poem, expertly conveyed.

I am sorry you are going through the inner turmoil, however. Though we don't know each other, I offer an ear in case you want to rant. Perhaps not knowing the person you tell your problems is even better in some sense. Just my two cents. Like I said, feel free. My virtual door is always open.

Ha det

-Shan-
012323232 chapter 1 . 3/30/2008
interesting choice of centering such big blocks of text
bleeding black and white chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
This is absolutely amazing. It's insanely powerful and it really makes you think. I really, really like it. You put your emotions out so well. I can really relate to you're writing. Amazing job )
smile for the sunshine chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
well, after reading your poem & author's note, i want you to know you're not alone. okay, for starters, i can tell you WHY you find cutting comforting. it releases stress enzymes. more than this, when you have physical pain, your brain focuses on it (although subconsciously, of course) therefore you don't feel the pain beating as much in your mind. i love the humility, honesty, etc. in this piece. i think too much we stand around covering our mistakes and hurts and pains so no one will see that this is the way we feel. we're scared to say, "we hurt" "we miss the way we used to relieve pain" it's okay to feel that way. yeahh, the bible does speak about rebellion though...1 Samuel 15:23 if you are interested, but that's a completely different thing. i am not going to preach to you. just letting you know that well, you're not alone. we feel this way. actually, i've felt some of the same exact things as you've written in here. i love the title. makes sense. so do the words. i understand. and i understand the drive to prove people wrong even if it is to the point of destruction. i am a very passionate person, in good and bad ways. i liked the unique formatting but from just looking far away it was a little overwhelming the way the things were bunched together but i liked it as i read it. good work. sorry you had to go through this. let me know if i can do anything to help you.

ps. here with the review marathon. check the link on my profile if you're interested.
by His blood chapter 1 . 2/9/2008
nicole .. i haven't talked to you in forever. so much has happened. i have so much to tell you. i'm so sorry, hun. i love you so much. i wish i could have messaged you ...

here. here's how to reach my site.

go to google.

type in 'safe haven.'

you should find a link that says 'safe haven' ... mentions self-injury in the summary ... click on it.

it will take you to a self-injury forum.

go to the 'off-topic' subforum.

go to the 'writing' subforum in that one.

you should see a topic posted by someone called . .Him . that's me. click on that name.

ta-da! my profile. register,

and we can talk.

i miss you so much. i love you, dear. i have so much to tell you. i won't be able to rearrange my new fictionpress account for a while, but hang in there. until then, you can talk to me on that site. i'll be waiting to hear from you. trust me, dear, i haven't forgotten you.

and you are in my thoughts and prayers always. stay strong. stay safe. remember the stars.

in His love,

alison x
HauntedMisery chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
so beautifully written

]
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
Wow, powerful, honest and extremely uncomfortable for me in some parts (hits a little to close to home for me). I can understand craving and hating the need to cut, it's an addiction and one that people like us struggle with for a long time. I'm sure that you will prove yourself to 'them', but I'm also sure that you shouldn't have to. Be true to youself.

Keep it up.
Faith Adeline chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
great, honest, real piece. it wasn't confusing to me at all. and you are completely true about missing the blood and the pain. I used to cut and I miss it every once in a while, so you're not alone there. Keep up the great work, stay strong, and never let anyone tell you that you can't make it.

Faith
gg. lass chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
i liked it.

i understood what was going on and i was nodding in understanding.(i had this happen to me before as well).

i'm sorry for ur troubles.

nice job though.

yours until the wind changes,

Lost