Reviews for One Hand Clapping
singseraphim chapter 1 . 4/19/2018
Just found this on your profile! I liked it a lot!
ForeverDay chapter 1 . 3/2/2018
Not usually a fictionpress-er but I came over from your fanfiction account and really enjoyed this. Superheros with original powers? Yes please. Big fights in shopping centres? Yes please.
Basically, this was a lot of fun, so thank you for that.
AlaskanFan chapter 1 . 9/8/2016
Oh, my gosh! That is brilliant! Fabulous humor! I've been in malls that seemed like hell, too. And saving the day with the Beach Boys - stop, stop my sides are splitting! I can't believe you didn't expand this one adventure after another. Heros selling headphones. Demi-gods with culturally- inappropriate helmets - too, too funny.

Thanks for a terrific story!
Middy Miles chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
So, I just figured out what FictionPress is. Took me a while, huh? When I got here I was like, "So what now?". I thought I heard/read somewhere on FanFiction that you had an a FictionPress account, so I searched your username and I found this :)
And that makes me very happy.
This is an awesome story, but my absolute favorite part was the end, as in about the last tennish lines. It made me laugh. Or it would have if there weren't people taking a test in class...
Stackwood4 chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
Wunderbar! Of course I love the idea, total comics nerd here. I hope to hear more of Resonance's adventures!
Chryse chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Haha, nice battle scene! I like the idea of her supersonic powers and the clapping. The description of the mall is well done, too - I've never been there, but it feels legit.

Are you going to do a sequel/continuation?
smile chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Yay for originals! I was really impressed by your Leviathan fics (especially "Quite Peculiar") because you tell not only a great story but you stay true to Westerfeld's voice and keep everyone in character too. I'm glad I stumbled upon your original though, because you have a very nice style of your own. You should write more, whether to post more stories online or publish something for real! The idea was creative, the characters are interesting, and the setting was well-drawn. I think my favorite part of the story, though, was that Mary was able to defeat the monster in her own stumbling way without having to be rescued last minute by the hero like in so many similar stories. Great job.
tridecagirl chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Same person from ... I just don't have an account here. This was amazing! I loved the new look at superheros, used as marketing. That is totally something Americans would do. And the sonic powers? Genius. Do you have any other originals?
japanase bookworm chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Omg! (sorry but I just had to say that!) I loved it Im such a superhero geek! i loved it charcters were awesome! even the girl in the ipod store seemed intresting! mary was realy cute and funny!
Akward Turtle chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
I loved this! Nice tight plot, no vapid descriptions, characters well-tuned and realistic-I really admire your writing. The resolution-the way Mary defeated Huracan-was ingenious and well-thought-out, as well as smoothly executed. This reads not only as a short story but as the opening for a novel-either way, you've got yourself a thoroughly intriguing, interesting, and genuinely funny story. Amazing job!
KP chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
I loved this. And not just because I'm a sucker for well-written superhero stories. I loved this because of the humor in the narration, and Mary's thoughts, and how she was terrified for her life and still managed to beat Big Baddie. :) Sometimes it gets a little boring when the superheroes actually know what they're doing, doesn't it?

Happy Writing!
not so innnocent chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
oh! great story! if u wrote a book im sure it would sell... tho it started off a little slowly :)
Akili-Storm chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Awesome story, and great job at destroying the mall ;) I liked how Mary managed to be a hero and still suck at it (we need more semi-sucky heroes darn it!) Huracán made me wince (eww, greenish teeth) and laugh at him falling down so much.
SSJ-Alhazred chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
I do believe that was the most brilliant-sounding one-handed clap of all time.
htbthomas chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Hey, here I am, like I said!

What I really liked about this story were the real touches you put all the way through it. Mary feels like a regular girl, albeit with powers, and parents from hell.

The plot was creative and humorous and had several little "oo!" moments in it. Really good job!