Reviews for Why Can't we be Friends?
CaliGirls.AtHeart chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
i loved this. i totally think that u should make it into a story. i will totally read it.
cheimpo17 chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
I like this as a one-shot. Very well done.
gulistala chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
I KNEW Johnny and Cady were going to end up together, hehe. I mean all the hints, plus it just didn't make sense for Cady and Hayden to end up together! D Nice! I really liked this!

gulistanlik
xLittleBlackConverse chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
i absolutely loved your onehots! -sigh- it was so cute and funny and FLUFFY! Hayden is so funny! and Johnny is so funny! and Cady is so funny! lol anyway really great job..i loved all the witticisms :)

xo's.
found.eventually chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
AW! Johnny is so freaking adorable! I was positively squeaking when I read that letter part! Wonderful. The smile I need every morning is up, up and beaming! You go girl!
DancingChaChaFruit chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
Dude, Sally, I can't believe I didn't review this. You have my full permission to punch me in the face. (Virtually, of course, since I will most likely not be seeing you in person in the next several years or so.) ]

Well, what I meant to say is that this I really like this one-shot, and I think you have definitely meandered away from the Meg Cabot style out of which you were trying to break (ugh, much as I love grammar, correct grammar sounds stupid sometimes). The relationship between Hayden and Cady was kind of funny because Cady seemed more like the boy, and Hayden more like the girl. But that's just how I felt.

I liked Johnny. He was sort of, you know, calm, cool, and collected, and I liked that about him. Instead of freaking out, he would just be like, "This is what you do."

I also liked how it wasn't ridiculously obvious that Johnny liked Cady (I mean, I figured it out sometime, but that's only because I'm uber sensitive to stuff like that). And how Cady was like, "Cool, Hayden," until she got the love letter that she totally knew wasn't from Hayden.

Um. Okay. You know what they should invent? Soap to wash your brain out. Or your eyes for that matter. (Sorry, that was completely random, I just got a call-or rather, a voice message-from someone that made me think of that.)

Okay, so good job on this one-shot. 'Twas mucho enjoyable. (Don't ask.)

woodstock1969 chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Hey, I loved this piece. It was sort of like an alternate take on Cyrano de Bergerac...with a happy ending. It was marvelous. :-

x3life chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
omgg this was so cute! i loved it even though it was really long... it was a little fast moving though, like the ending felt a littlee rushed... like i kinda wanted to see maybe how the convo between her and hayden went... haha ) yup thats it... and your amazing.. haha
hellohellolove chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
_

It's very cute. I love your characters. It would be awesome if you turned this into a story. Well, not to say that this isn't a story, just...well, a longer one.

Is your pen name from that Oasis song, Don't Look Back In Anger?
Skervydog chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Let me guess... Cyrano de Bergerac? Except with a better ending of course. Good Story.
Written chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
"i spild slushy al ovr myslf, he wrote. wht do i do?

Well it's probably still good, Johnny wrote back. Hayden was surprised how fast he responded. Ask Cady to lick it off for you.

this is srs!1, he grumbled to himself as he sent it.

It would be a lot easier if you'd speak English, Johnny said.

come 2 teh bthrm, plz, "

uh, don't mind me while I guffaw. I LOVE people who text like that. man. I know they know how to spell but it still cracks me up like nothing else.

this entire oneshot was incredibly funny. well done! I love the way you really show that hayden and cady are just friends, but hayden is kind of dopey so he doesn't totally realize it. and I love johnny. AH SO CUTE.

sorry for the random caps lock... I was excited.
ihrtbks chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Aww...I wanted Johnny. Yes, that is exactly the kind of guy I want: smart (like actually smart not just could-be-but-isn't) and sweet (I really hate people who are arrogant, but it's worse when they're stupid and try to hide it).

Back to the story. I really liked it. I'm not sure why, but I did. Especially the Johnny part of it.

*FAVORITES*

marikamaroca chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
this is awsome

keep up the god work
Tapioooca chapter 1 . 2/12/2008
Yes! Finally! A story where the two best friends don't get together in the end!

Cool, I just rhymed. Sort of.

Anyway, very good story. You're definitely drifting away from the Meg Cabot-y style of writing, which was your goal, if I remember correctly. It was a bit long for a one-shot, in my opinion, but whatever. It's your story, and you can post it however you want.

If I may, I do have one bit of constructive criticism. A few parts towards the beginning were a little confusing. The best example I found is right before Johnny says, "Your boyfriend went that way". It would have made things a little clearer if you told us his name was Johnny in the "scruffy, impeccably dressed" part of the story, instead of after he spoke for the first time.

But other than little things like that, this was fantastic. Keep up the great work!
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »