Reviews for Why Can't we be Friends?
The Cat Died Nobly chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
My first response:

AW!

Adorable, most definitely. I actually liked Hayden best, mostly because he's, well, a male version of me. Bubbly and talks too fast/too much for their own good. Minus the lack of culinary talents (which I also don't have, but my expertise is instead limited to microwaves and mac and cheese) and grossness or whatever. He's very real in that aspect.

Um, anyway. Albeit predictable, it was great all the way through. I kept reading faster and faster, waiting for Johnny to admit to his feelings for Cady.

I really like this, but I'm not sure how it would fare as a full story. If you think you can do it, go for it! FP needs more romantic comedies like yours. :D
White Rabbit Tale chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
Yay! So great to see something new from you, even if it is a one shot. Or maybe especially a one shot? You do seem to excel at them. I love this story almost as much as your christmas one shot (which gives me warm fuzzies every time I read it-I have decided it is required reading for the Holidays). It's a great twist on an old cliche.

And I am one of the most devoted adorers of the best-friends-get-together shtick. However, this one played out exactly as I thought it should, so it's the mark of a great writer that you can make me wish (against my deeply seeded principles that boy/girl best friends should always end up together-see Jim/Pam on the Office or Claire/Zach from Heroes or even Hermione/Ron) for the friends to stay friends. You somehow made it all too clear that it was just a platonic relationship and both of them just got a little muddled in the mix.

Johnny is an awesome character, and he's so awesome that I might have to say "yes, you should turn this into a whole story." But on the other hand, the real charm of this story is the fake ending (when Johnny asks her out) and the twist at the end. So I'm really torn. I say, if you have the time and patience, go for it. I would love to see more of the Zoe character as well as more Johnny! Either way, I will be pleased.
IndigoAzucena chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
aw!

From the very beginning I was thinking "Cady and Johnny, Cady and Johnny, come on!"

Thanks for writing!
Fresh Harvest chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
I liked this, haha. :) It was really cute. At first I really wanted Cady and Hayden to end up being together, because they're best friends and it sounds so perfect and cute. But then, midway into the story, I realized, not so much the Zoe part, but that Johnny probably liked Cady. The ending was cute and I liked it. I also liked Hayden a lot, though. I really liked the characters a lot-except Zoe, but that's because I didn't see that much of her.

Personally, I liked this story as a one-shot, because I don't like it when things get dragged out, but it'd be interesting to see you turning it into a full-length story, too, I guess. It's your call. :D

Have a great day! :)
I Quoth Nevermore chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
I love this! It had a huge and unexpected twist. Brilliant. I'll totally read it if you make it a story _
Dot Cubed chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
So I have not finished reading all of this because I have to go to dinner, but from what I did read I really, really, really, love it. Johnny is like my new favorite person, the poor boy. It's so obvious he's in love with Cady, and he absolutely makes me giggle. I haven't read to the end yet, but I really hope he ends up with her and not Hayden, because Hayden seems a bit too naive.

Anyway, a proper review will come when I've actually read the whole thing, haha. :)
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4