Reviews for We Were Married
Frail.Wings.Of.Vanity chapter 1 . 1/17/2009
Oh gosh, so simple and so movingly painful. Great job. You're really good at creating messages with your poetry.
CigaretteBurn chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
This one is so good! I love how you told the story about two different lives. Amazing!
Lady Fingers chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
i love this

and if it's about connor oberst

its even better!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
I think this would have been a better piece if you hadn't rhymed it. You have the freedom to say so much more when you aren't constrained by rhyming. Since the rhyming wasn't following a consistent pattern, it did throw me off a little, but the flow worked nicely anyway. Thanks for the review!

Nicely done.
Bri-Cathleen chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
kool

it rhymes

good job
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
I like this.. it's cute and it has some great imagery like the snowy roads part... really great piece

The only thing is the rhyming confused me... the scheme wasn't at all consistent except in those first two stanzas... which seemed odd to me

Other than that I really liked the piece... great job

PS if you're bored today check out the review game's review marathon there's a link in my profile
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Usually I completely dislike rhyming poetry, but this was great. You're so right about Conor Oberst. Definitely can see his influence in this. My favorite line was definitely "But we were closer in age, and closer in height." How fantastic. Love it. Keep writing! :)