Reviews for The More Things Change
concerto49 chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Cool, this really reminded me of my high school era. You managed to capture most of the details. I didn't get to read King Lear for my class, but I knew some other classes did.

School is annoying sometimes, but then we cherish it when it's over.
Katherine-the-greate chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Nice first chapter. It sounds like a real highschool day. I never have tried using my cell in class to text my friends becuase I'm the type that has never praticed evading teachers and therefore am easiest to spot if I do something out of the ordinary.

You might want to split this chapter up or at lease give it more of a purpose. It seems to just be rambling on and on without a point or conclusion, not that the rambling is bad ]

normally I'd offer to beta, but I'm in the middle of my research paper and new story. sorry ]

good luck with the rest of this story
unemployed-joy chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Thank you for the review!

I enjoyed this first chapter. I do think you set up your characters a bit, and I love that it's the whole "high school is ending, where does that leave us?" story. I don't read those all that often. Australia? That explains a couple of things .

I would suggest that you add a bit more expository details, though, rather than moving the plot along through dialogue. I was a little lost toward the beginning because I wasn't really too sure what was going on. But other than that, this is very good!

-Rachel