Reviews for Intrigue At The Crowned Jewel
abbybyrd chapter 18 . 4/29/2008
Omgoodness! I hope you're alright! Allergic reactions are never fun :(

If it's any consolation, this chapter was absolutely amazing. Yay! for the lovely bathhouse scene :)

And love spells on Sebastian? What? I cannot wait until the next chapter!
Blithe Lee chapter 18 . 4/28/2008
Oh wow, are you ok? (Ouch, yeah, a "near-fatal allergic reaction" would definitely set back the story and life in general for a while.)

A lovely chapter, despite all the drugging. :) Well, yeah, I kinda have to admit that most of my opinion just comes from the sheer happiness of reading about Adrian and Sebastian and baths. (And yay for Seb finally figuring out that he has multiple personalities! :) )

Hm, one thing that struck me as a little odd was this section: "Except go shirtless and fall asleep against me, pressed as closely to me as he could be? Nestling his head against my shoulder so he could turn his gaze as close to mine as possible, as often as he could?

"...yeah, except that."

I dunno, I guess it was just because the way everyone speaks is not as informal (referring to the "yeah, except that" part). It just stood out.

Anyway, I hope you'll be able to catch up on everything and not have life be as insane soon. And subsequently update, of course, haha.
Qui chapter 18 . 4/28/2008
Ack! Allergic reactions equal bad! and I'm glad you're okay. I also won't mind you missing an update or two, since I'm horrible about them and keep being late (or nearly so) to things becuase I'm reading your latest chapter. Or worse, loosing sleep (as I'm doing right now).

But I'm really enjoying the story so far, and.. hmm. Well, when I started reading this story, I was interested, but at least part of me was pretty sure that the story would be one of those that just goes on and on and on and on and.. which are fun, but only for the first 200,0 words or so.. anyway, I just wanted to mention that I'm thrilled that there seems to be some form of End hovering in the distance. Not that I want the story to end, but...

Yeah, I don't remember what point I was trying to make. This is why I should post reviews the week I think of them.

Basically you keep impressing and amazing me, and I'm really enjoying the story and looking forward to your next few chapters, whenever they might arrive.

Loves,

Qui
tmelange1 chapter 17 . 4/26/2008
Well, you've sort of lost me with the last couple of chapters and the disjointed hallucination things. I can't tell what is going on, especially as it relates to the dragon child. LOL I also don't quite understand why Sebastian still needs the multiple person pretense with Adrian. It's not as if Adrian is adverse to a particular gender, so why not let him in on the fact that Rose is Viper is Macaw? At this point, what is there to lose? This plot point has long ago superseded the underlying rationale, IMHO.

And the whole unicorn thing-it seemed very unusual that a person would forget that a rare and troublesome creature was to be delivered and not make provisions before going out of town. Or that the emperor is coming in a week. *shrug* I'm still enjoying the story but these things are starting to bother me, and I'm not at all vested in the Adrian/Sebastian relationship. To me, there's so much *telling* about why Sebastian is so fascinated with this guy and not much *showing*. I'm almost tired now of Sebastian being an emotional basket case without more of a *reason*. In fact, at this point he seems so unstable as to be almost boring in his inability to come up with a plan of action.

Anyway, I do look forward to more. I have enjoyed reading this so far and thank you for writing.
tmelange1 chapter 13 . 4/26/2008
This is a great continuation. I don't know if Adrian's revealed story makes me fond of him with Sebastian. All along Sebastian's response to him has seemed...out of context. Now, we know that Adrian has a special effect on men, and, in fact Sebastian is a man. So it seems the entirety of their relationship at this point is false and filled with lies.

However, despite this quandry with the main relationship, this is still a riveting story. Bravo.
tmelange1 chapter 9 . 4/26/2008
I found this whole part interesting. I still have my fondness for the dragon boy, and I suppose that means I haven't fallen in love with the idea of Adrian yet, so I might say that while I find Adrian interesting, there is something missing for me in the rationale behind Sebastian's fascination with him. I like the way you're handling Jade, and you've made me very sympathetic towards the character, but I don't necessarily like him with Sebastian.

In any event, this continues to be an outstanding read. Bravo.
tmelange1 chapter 7 . 4/26/2008
You're actually seducing me into liking the idea of the dragon child with Sebastian. I'm not fully vested in Adrian yet, and the dragon child is so adorable. LOL

Bravo on a magnificent story. :))
Midnights Scream chapter 17 . 4/26/2008
He needs to remember! I don't what Andrian to die!*sniffle* weird things are going to get sorse though I have a feeling. :) great job!
tmelange1 chapter 3 . 4/26/2008
I'm very impressed with this story, and am wondering exactly how it will develop. What I like most is the fact that Sebastian is such a well thought out character. You managed to dress him up as a girl without emasculating him to such an extent as to turn me off. I also enjoy the little twists and turns, and the introduction on new plot pieces in a professional manner. Makes the story positively riveting. Bravo!
tmelange1 chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
I found this first chapter fascinating and very professionally done. I thought it was suspenseful and well paced. I'm eager to read the next chapter, and I suppose that is a high compliment in itself. Bravo.
Liviania chapter 17 . 4/26/2008
I actually liked the trippy hallucination scene - I've little clue what it means, but it makes me want to find out, which is very important. I"m also intrigued by the Emperor becoming involved.

I'll be busy for two more weeks, but after that it's summer. I'd love to be a sounding board for you.

Livi
demonrubberducky chapter 17 . 4/22/2008
Hello! I just started reading your story yesterday, but I've been reading non-stop because it's too good to take breaks from! Your characters are awesome (I particularly like Lime Jade and his crazy speech, but the rest are great as well), and I really want to know what happens to them, so you must update soon, ok? Sebastian needs to muddle through all of the identities he has floating around in his head so he can stop competing with himself for Adrian's affections and start getting into his pant...er...heart. Heart is what I meant.

Anyways, keep up the great work, and don't make us dwell in suspense for too long!
Rayne Auster chapter 17 . 4/21/2008
I wouldn't mind volunteering to be your soundingboard though I must say, I didn't really feel sebatian was being out of character. To me it felt like he was holding himself back a little because of uncertainty of fear. Almost as if he is afraid to let himself be natural around Adrian for fear of what it may end up meaning to him.
Three Score and Ten chapter 17 . 4/21/2008
I like this story more and more as it goes on! I *loved* the hallucination scenes. I am such a sucker for any suggestion of surpressed memories/brainwashing/etc and I cannot wait to see where this ends up. I love the complexities of your plot, and I definitely admire how well you're able to make it interesting and intruiging while still keeping it character-driven.

If you still need a semi-but-not-really beta, I'd definitely be willing.
abbybyrd chapter 17 . 4/21/2008
Holy crap, trippy is certainly one way to describe this chapter! I can't wait for the next chapter...it definitely sounds promising.
358 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 .. Last Next »