Reviews for being worth it
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
There was a boy at a school I went to who would comment on my peace sign by saying "But we'll never have peace, you know." That's what the fourth stanza made me think of, because I know that feeling.

And I really like this poem.

"& die in chunks everyday" -I don't quite understand this, but I don't really like the way it sounds. "everytime" should be "every time", I think, and "eteching promises" was supposed to be "etching promises", I'm pretty sure.

Nice work.
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
Been there, done that.

It takes a considerable amount of self-command, independence, courage, and intelligence to not conform to a social crowd. I could refer to a myriad of past experiences, but I'm too drained to do that.

I liked this piece because it represents what I was like before I decided to hang out on a limb and become the eccentric and flamboyant writer I am today. Now I wish I didn't throw it all away because life without human contact truly sucks to the ninth circle of hell. Now I'm like this, and I can't go back.

There are reasons to smile while remaining as an individualistic person who thinks above the norm of the crowd. But whilst that sounds very self-gratifying, I'm going to be hated, resented, and at its extremes crucified for having different views than everybody in the room.

Everyone wants to change the world but there's only a few people who are willing to be the nucleus of a group and take charge. And it's not even that, it's much harder taking charge when you're not liked for being different.

I feel like I'm ranting.