Reviews for Deceptive Vow
SingingBird812 chapter 2 . 2/23/2008
Exciting chapter. :) This story is really good.
Broken.Hockey.Stick chapter 2 . 2/22/2008
Wow! He just gets right to the point doesn't he? I have the feeling that will take Klara completely by surprise, much as it did me. I think proposing to a girl he JUST met would raise some suspicion. Excellent second chapter. It really underlines there at the end just how close she and her grandmere were to being in BIG trouble. How lucky that they were empty.

I got this chapter alert in my inbox when I snuck and checked my e-mail at work. It was driving me nuts to not read it right then and there and so I get home and naturally forget about it until now!
fictionluvr chapter 2 . 2/22/2008
I am really looking forward to this story. WWII is one of my favorite settings. I thought that it was interesting that Klara's last name means "warrior, champion" and that Jacks's means "German mountain range." I was also curious as to whether their first names are a twist in the story as Klara is a name of German origin and Jack is English. Name meanings are one of my things, so I may just be reading to much into the whole thing, but it could add an interesting conversation somewhere in the story.

A proposal in the second chapter is a bit shocking, but I think it gives the reader the same feel as what Klara would have felt. If we had longer to get to know Jack, we would feel like we knew him better and wouldn't understand her surprise. So, in my opinion, I think the rush works for your purpose.

Did you have a croissant when you visited France? Hearing them say the word just seemed to make it taste better. :) I loved all the yummy breads, cheeses, and grapes. And contrary to the opinion of a lot of people, I thought the French people as a whole were very friendly.

One more thing- has anyone ever told you that FOUR DAYS is a dreadfully long time to wait for such an intriguing story? Seriously, I really appreciate how consistently you post, but I check everyday just in case you decide to post early. :)

Okay, if I write anymore I'm going to have to ask for reviews, so I'll stop - until the next chapter. :)
SingingBird812 chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
This is a really interesting start. I can't wait to read more. :)
Auraya chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
good for you for jumping right in there, i was swept along right away! i could really feel Klara's bewilderment at these injuried soldiers walking through the house!

I love how Klara's grandmere is both indulgent and no-nonsence and I love Klara's childish glee staying with her grandmere.

Just one, tiny, little, almost insignificant little detail; would they have really stil have chocolate etc at this point during the war? I'm probably entirely wrong, after all I don't know what year you're setting the beginning in.

Anyway I'm eager for more!
Selina Spencer chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
i like the idea but it could move more slowly, thats alot to take in in 2 minutes. Also, it would be 'mon petit' and instead of dearie you coudl use 'cherie'

jasmine
batzmaru chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Interesting story...I'm intrigued! :-D
Broken.Hockey.Stick chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Sounds like a great start to what should be a fascinating story. I love the introduction to Grandmere as a sweet woman and then whole mysterious injured soldier where she doesn't want to explain what's going on. Klara reminds me a bit of Maggie from Finding Grey in that she's stubborn and willing to do whatever she can to help out. And I took French for four years, so I was unfazed by the bits of French. I think as long as you don't get too in depth with them, other readers should be alright to follow along too. I know I've read books with bits of foreign language that had no translation, but sometimes it really adds to the authenticity of a story.
eruntale chapter 1 . 2/19/2008