Reviews for Deceptive Vow
Dustland chapter 13 . 5/10/2010
oh...oh...something going to happen right?

everything is happy.

but I really don't want anything bad to happen! hahaa.

and elementary?

we're not that bad...

plus I have to take my history class at a community college and my teacher is so so so so boring that he makes me hate history, but your story makes my interested again :)
Dustland chapter 5 . 5/10/2010
...can you come to my school and be my teacher? hahaha.

anyways..

awh, they're so awkward and cute :)
Vividus chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Just a couple of corrections:

"Bonjour me petite!" - ma petite

"With Chocolate Chaud?" - chocolat chaud
Ilusa chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
I just wanted you to know, in the first few lines you have a small error.

"Bonjour MA petite." Instead of 'me.'

The way you have it now, is implying that she's a boy.
Jinxed Rogue chapter 12 . 1/24/2010
It's rare for me to feel sympathy for the romantic rival being taken out, but Daniel was such a genuine character even though he only made a few appearances. It was quite a heartfelt and realistic passing.
Jinxed Rogue chapter 7 . 1/24/2010
I appreciate how deeply you've written their involvement with the war. A lot of writers just use it as a backdrop, but you actually weave it into their lives and thoughts which is truly imaginative. Again, I commend your writing.
Jinxed Rogue chapter 6 . 1/24/2010
I'm a big fan of historical fiction, and while the events leading up to their marriage were rushed this is an adorable story that has quite a bit going on, not just internally but externally. Great work!
Zandra Jane chapter 29 . 7/21/2009
I enjoyed this! I thought you found a great balance between the romantic lightness of the story and the suspense and drama. You made some really wise choices in choosing to eliminate a lot of the everyday, mundane activity that adds nothing to the story. The moments you chose to capture were compelling and lovely and I really appreciated that.

Like we discussed, I thought you had a great description/dialogue ratio. It was nice to see the characters develop over time and be revealed gradually instead of all at once, as if getting to know a good friend.

I had a bit of an issue with Grandmere’s death. That is to say, I know she had to die and while it’s unfortunate it had to go down that way, my real issue is with the WAY she died. You created such a captivating character who came to life for me but her death didn’t land with me for some reason and I would love to have felt her death the same way I felt her character when she was alive.

I loved the era and the history of it and I thought you did quite well with it. I’m a bit of a 40’s nerd so a few historical inaccuracies stood out to me but all in all I really loved the setting and thought it was well played.

This was a very comfortable read and I look forward to reading more of your work!
dwpea chapter 29 . 7/7/2009
ohh...another good story. i enjoyed this one as well! I really love how you have chosen to use a well known historical background and adorned it with a memorable tale. In some parts it was a little 'too good to be true' but hey its a story(and life sometimes needs a little more love and hope anyways), and a well written and sweet story as well. Keep up the writing!
klutz.for.life chapter 21 . 4/28/2009
So sweetly, cute-ly, sappily romantic! This is my second favorite "proposal" in your stories, behind Eli's proposal to Audra (Parker was just too cute)
RMB4 chapter 2 . 4/20/2009
Ok...I don't want to be rude, but I do not think this story is very believable and you should do a little bit more research. The SS was an elite group of Nazis within the German Army. One did not get drafted into the SS. Only those who really sympathised with the Nazi ideas and got 'lucky' enough to be selected would become part of this group.
MagicWords chapter 8 . 10/22/2008
Sorry it has been so long since I reviewed. Ah, the buisiness of life...

Wow, this was marvelous. I loved meeting the family. They remind me strangley of the Carters...:)

But are still different. I like Klara's and Jack's relationship. they dont loathe each other and they are kind to one another even though they are both sorta uncomfortable with the situation. i loved it! ill have to read on soon!
Lena chapter 29 . 9/27/2008
Me Lovies! It was a really really good read!

I only have one question though... What happened to his parents? Curiosity kels me :P
MagicWords chapter 6 . 9/25/2008
This chapter was great! I liked the excitement and i see Klara's and Jack's personalities a lot better now.

Pretty good. I'll read on.
MagicWords chapter 4 . 9/21/2008
Interesting to say the least.

I think this story is a tad bit too fast (no offense) but that's okay. were getting into the deep waters of the plot. The wedding was an interesting scene. was she really nervous? it seemed like she was kind of excited. maybe she is just a good actress...

im curious about Jack though. I know he thinks Hitler is a maniac and he is only an S.S. because he was drafted, but he still doesnt seem German to me. I don't know, its just weird to read about such a merciful S.S...n e ways, i like it! i really do and i hope nothing comes off harsh! I think you are a fantastic writer with a ton of new ideas!

MagicWords

p.s. I have sort of kind of put my story Amanasara on the backburner. so sorry! i really loved your reviews on it but i feel like it is lacking in plot and overall, develoment. I have another fantasy story on my profile that I'm coming to a conclusion on but would like help on it! maybe if you ever have time would you like to check it out?
414 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »