Reviews for My Name Is Brianna
completelybaffled chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
I'm sure you've been told this a thousand times, but this brought me to tears. It was beautiful and I gel like this is now than just reading a short story, I feel like I just read some ones life. Simply magnificent
DrYuriMom chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
This story was favorited by a friend and I decided to take a peek. I want to say, as a fully realized MtF transsexual myself as well as a 'real' doctor and not just a penname, this was awesome. It really did manage to distill the complexities that surround our existence, not to mention the challenges we present to those around us. There are far too many Brianna's, and too many Erin's and James', out there and it never seems to get any easier. I'm so glad how you managed to avoid judging James. It was truly authentic as far as I'm concerned. I've seen so many families stretched by T and the ones who get through are the ones who don't judge. Bummer this one, in fiction at least, didn't get through.

Thank you again for sharing!
Dr Gwen (DrYuriMom)
AnaGirl chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Oh my goodness! I was on the verge of tears after reading this. It is so sad and so beautiful. It seems impossible that something like this could ever be written, but you were amazing at it. The way you broached the unmentionable topic of transsexuals... Brianna was such a beautiful person. And I am thankful that she had Danny and Erin.

The ending is so bittersweet, having Brianna die, but also having the family start to accept each other, spend time with each other. Once again, it is SO tragic but beautiful. Thank you for writing this story, so much!

AnaGirl
PaintedPassion chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Truly heartbreaking, but wonderfully told.
himitsugaby chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
I just loved this story.

It touched a cord inside and my whole body resonated to it.

It was an interesting way of introducing the events and it worked really well.

Not knowing huh, all the questions without an answer.
Himari Kage-san Valera chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
This story was written beautifully. As I read it, I felt like it had actually happened, that it wasn't a story. Please keep writing, you're amazing! 3
Lex chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
I can honestly tell you no written work has ever made me cry before... until now. I read this all this morning. Liber est pulcherrimus. Gratias tibi.
Kinjirareta Ai chapter 7 . 11/30/2010
This is such a sad story, but it's beautiful! I love it and i am so glad i found it. You really know how to capture emotions and paint a picture with words. Thank you!
DarkShadow2012 chapter 7 . 10/31/2010
To be honest, my name actually is briana which is one of the reasons why i read it. it was only until to finished reading it was when i relized that i should of read it soon. beautiful. absolutely beautiful.

Another great story from another extremely talented author.

Thanks

-DarkShadow
ImaginingItaLL chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Okay, at first I didn't quite approve of the whole transgender thing, but now that I'v read this, I'm kind of warming up to the idea. This story brought me to tears ;w; I love Brianna! This is actually the first story I've read from you, and wow, I was amazed/still am. I love the imagery, analogies, and emphasis that you used. This story is amazing and thank you so much for writing it :D
Anonymous chapter 7 . 6/8/2010
Omigawd.

So amazing I cried. Just wonderful. Thank you. :)
The Sarcasm Dance chapter 2 . 4/29/2010
I love this story-I hope dearly that it gets published. If it does I'll be one of the first to buy it!
Blair Phoenix chapter 7 . 3/25/2010
I've passed by this story several times, seeing it on people's favorites list, but it really never grabbed me. Finally decided to read it today, and I think it's amazing. Very well written, and very emotional, it's sad things like this happen in our world far too often.
lxlanimefreaklxl chapter 7 . 8/6/2009
I had goosebumps reading this story. It was beautifully written and the many emotions went across quite well.
neveraworsename chapter 7 . 5/20/2009
This is truly a beautiful story. It's short, but the issues it covers, the believable way you shaped the characters, the camera being a way to separate Erin from reality. It has to be one of the greatest and most likable stories I've ever read.

Erin, Bri, and James were great teenagers, and represent what most people would call the 'problems with the American youth' but all I can feel is love for them. And I think that's what you were planing.

Thank you.