Reviews for Friendship
IndiaLikeTheCountry chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
This made me cry, it's so lovely, and so true to life, unfortunately :'(

It's really well written, too :)
S0ulSearching chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
It seems like a creepy coincidence that I'm reading this now and that you posted it only a few days ago. I've been best friends with my current best friend since 4th grade, but lately I have the feeling that we'll eventually fall apart because, a bit like your friend I think, her personality is loud and slightly overbearing and I'm beginning to realize how she treats me vs. how I'd like to be treated. I'm going to try and talk to her about it-if we really are as close as we think, she'll at least listen.

Wow, that opened up a lot of doors. Anyway, I loved loved loved this,*adds to faves* keep it up!
half-sketched.staccatos chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
konnichi wa

I like how you brought the end back to the beginning with, "So I had this best friend once..." It was sweet, almost nostalgic. :) I had a best friend when I was in fifth grade. I met her in fourth grade, but we were best friends instantly. I met her at a friend's house, and that night she came to sleep over at my house... for two nights in a row. Then, I slept over at her house the next two nights, and she came back to mine for the two nights immediately after that. (We had winter break, so we could do that. :P) When I moved to a different school at the beginning of sixth grade, we saw less of each other; but we made sure to keep in touch and to see each other every weekend. I called her at least three times a week and told her all about my school days, and she called me on the nights that I didn't call her to tell me about her day (and to yell at me for leaving *wink*).

By seventh grade, though, it sort of just... I don't know. We didn't call as often because neither of us had time. And we saw each other... but less often. And then it just... I don't know... we were both at different schools, we both had different friends, so we just... drifted apart...

I was the only one who could stand her for long periods of time. She has a very... boisterous personality, very assertive. She'd get pissed off at people easily and knew how to hold a grudge, and the worst part was that she wouldn't tell you if she was pissed. So people got on her bad side and never got off because they didn't know what to do to help it. But when we fought, we would make up the next day or the day after that - one of us would send an email: "This is stupid. We'll both be miserable. Let's forget about it - I'm sorry." And that would be that.

When we see each other - however rare - we hug, we're as close as can be. But that just doesn't happen anymore. :-/ Neither of us are angry, though. It had to happen at some point, right?

Anyway, wow! That piece brought back a lot of memories. Thanks so much for writing it; I loved it.

Ha det

-Shan-
LonelyArtist chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Oh gosh. That almost made me cry. It was like an extreme version of some of the friends I've had, it connected so well.