Reviews for and we call them crazy
nobody's dream girl chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
I love the "I don't know whether the mirror is the liar or the only one telling the truth." amazing xD
Tiff chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
I LOVE the last stanza. It really holds a bit of truth in it, and somehow.. made me think of 'mad as a hatter'. :]

But seriously, gorgeous poem.
I.O.K.O chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
and that's how i saved the day.

... Good, maybe (not pertaining to the poem, but the last sentence/answer).
siphoned afterglow chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
"and no one gets out of here alive."

The whole piece has a melancholy drag lying underneath the words and it surfaces up well with the last line.

beautiful? Yes its beautiful and a whole lot more. I love the way you can connect emotions in such a way that relates to everyone.

another favorite.
The Psychopath Blonde chapter 1 . 2/25/2008
Yep. I completely agree. For all I know I'm pretty much insane. I scare myself sometimes with my thoughts. Maybe the ones who try to keep it all contained are worse than those who are obviously insane. At least they get treatment.

Splendiferous (and I really don't care if that's not a real word) poem.

Bye.
relapse into change chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
but then again who ever said we were alive in the first place

maybe we're all just already dead, ohgod

this hits me hard

the whole flow of it..so lovely, just seemed so natural

and there was no anger in it and i love how you can convey

so much emotion into a piece enough to make me want to cry
paradigm se7en chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
The concept of the crazy people seeing the world for what is - that's not new. But that's just a nitpick.

The narrator's confusion about the world, about conforming - it aches to read through those first three paragraphs. The oh-shit-that's-my-life-right-there kind of ache, the good kind. The first line in paragraph 4, about Normality, was beautifully sublime.

Thumbs up, overall. Lovely work.
dress her up in fairytales chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
"and i want it/so much but they tell me i can't have it."

wow, those lines hit me hard ... very hard.

and all of the second stanza is simply amazing.

the whole piece overall is beautiful, gorgeous, and leaves me somewhat speechless. definitely favoring.
Ghost Planet chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Love this, especially the " Everyone's a freak

when you look close enough, but some of us

are weirder than others, like the people i envy who laugh

to themselves at the walls of the asylum." Part.

Keep writing.

-x-Eilish.
lomz chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
the idea, diction, and direction are very cool

but the ending's kinda trite - i might take off the last sentence perhaps if i were you..

or maybe you could just make it like "And we call them crazy, but perhaps we're the crazy ones striving for normality where it doesn't exist" or something to that effect

or just "we call them crazy but maybe they're the only ones that are sane"

other than that i am a fan
Bri-Cathleen chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
LOVE the insanity

~BCB~
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
I like this piece a lot... the metaphors in the first stanza are awesome and I love the twilight zone reference... it's one of my favorite shows... I also love the ending it brings up a really great point...

I felt like there should be a comma before but in the third line... but that's probably just me.. also I was surprised "shall i just/

follow it off the cliff." didn't end with a question mark.. it seemed like a question to me...

Anyhow it's a really beautiful and powerful piece.. awesome job

PS If you're bored today check out the review game's review marathon... there's a link in my profile
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 2/22/2008
"Everyone's a freak-when you look close enough", is such a telling and true statement. The myth of normality is exposed well here. If there was a "normal", who would want to be that. Individual differences are perhaps the most important part of humanity. I like how this focuses on the speaker's individual situation, while giving it room to breath by giving it a universal feel. Excellent conceptualization. Good write.