Reviews for Die, Everyone's Doing It
Selzilla chapter 3 . 4/28/2009
It's Jezz's turn to review. I normally don't review stories at all, and the one's I do review I review after reading the entire thing and liking it. So what causes me today, to go against my principles and review this oddly different story? It's the story itself. I feel compelled to leave continued words of inspiration even though you've already finished writing this. Yeah, you're officially that good. JezzCorp certified. [JezzCorp is my own little make believe company- only it exists. (in my mind) _]

Your unique sense of writing doesn't fail to capture my attention, that morbid humour and innate sarcasm that mocks everything on earth gives it a philosophical edge. It is very gripping. Initially my impression of her was your basic emo (no offence to anyone emo but) I-cut-myself-on-adaily-basis person. I don't generally stereotype -narrows eyes- I think. Anyway, but then after reading on what got me really hooked to the story is the fact that she was a goody-two-shoes sort of wanna-be prep. It really was a sudden realization which made her go all 'badass'. Now THAT is cool.

What's funny is by not doing what everyone expects her to do she's actually moulding herself into a, different albeit, stereotype. Just as she questions GTSM ( I likes the name
just a reader chapter 9 . 4/26/2009
Isn't Gasoline's hair dye a material thing? Why does he use it? To me, dying your hair a crazy color isn't really a way to nonconform, specifically if one of the main points you're trying to make is how enveloped society is in its materialistic world. I think he's moved past the hair phase that most people go through when experiencing a breakdown or major change in their life, (a.k.a. the classic episodes girls often have involving chopping off their hair) and he should break the habit. It seems too miniscule for a character like him. That confused me, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding you and I need to shut up and keep reading before I voice my thoughts. Care to enlighten me? Anywho good job on the story nonetheless. The message reminds me of Fight Club. It's one of the best stories I'm reading on FictionPress right now :)
awesomelyme chapter 25 . 4/25/2009
AMAZING! I wish I had more hands so I could give it more thumbs ups. This story just made you my favorite author on fictionpress. It was so deep and made me really *think* about things in a new way. I love your philosophy behind life. Great job. Keep writing.
awesomelyme chapter 24 . 4/25/2009
Good next to last chapter! It took me forever to get around to reading it though lol. But, I can't wait to read the last even though I'm kind of sad it's ending too :( Oh well, time to read the last chapter.
Nova Light chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
This is a review for over-all plot - Dude, you rock :P No, really, trying to be serious for a while, this is definitely something worth reading. I was blown away by the flow, the characters and the plot. The message makes sense and displays the identity crisis of the youth, the boredom and the strugle. And even though it culminates in love, there's so much more behind the violence and the need to "change the world" vs. "destroying the world". Great job :)
Frozen.by.Sloth chapter 2 . 4/12/2009
Hello.

Not to be redundant, but I just spent some time reading over this story. I'm sorry to say I only read two chapters so far (it's 3:26 a.m. here) and I plan on continuing the rest only sometime... later, but yeah.

There it goes.

I just wanted to say, right off the bat, that I really like the way you write. I'm a bit uncomfortable with how much it reminds me of Chuck Palahniuk and Fight Club both in the style and the theme, but I'm convinced you've been inspired by it and aware of it.

I'm not listing it as a bad thing, it's certainly refreshing, I just hope Gasoline doesn't turn out to be her alter ego in the time of need ;) Or vice versa. Whoever turns out at the top.

I'm a big fan of Fight Club, and I'm really excited about reading this (I just hope it doesn't get too depressing) and I hope I haven't offended you by comparing your style of writing here with somebody else's (people tend to get touchy about it), I just had a great urge to comment on this, but the little I read didn't leave much for me to say.

The characters seem interesting, that much is obvious, and I'm sure you're aware of that as well. You started off excellently and I hope to see it keep up that way.

p.s. Since the topic of this is pretty important and something we all tend to think about, I can't just review and not look back on that. I believe that that way of looking on it is a bit too depressing and literal. In small doses, it certainly does work well, and it's good to be aware of everything you've stated, but life isn't there to make an impact. Not on the whole world or the future. It's there for us to make the best out of it. I hope I can keep being satisfied with living my life to achieve small moments of happiness or that hallmark crap. :) If something makes you excited, it shouldn't matter if it's stupid or not, right?

Make the best of it.

With those half drunken words of tired and retarded wisdom, I'm going to leave you mulling over the less-than-exciting or understandable piece of review. I choose to hide behind the fact that I had no sleep in some days now. I plan on crashing some meetings tomorrow. Heard there's a lot of them males with boobs. ;P

Should prove a sadistic entertainment.

Seriously, I'm shutting up.

Enjoy~
Musickk Darling chapter 25 . 4/9/2009
I'm in post-shock of reading such an brilliant, amazing story. Words don't really suffice at the moment. So for now I'll just say thank you for writing a story about everything my mind refuses to think about, and for creating a twisted love story that defies all logic, yet makes perfect sense.

Musickk
swordoffenris chapter 25 . 4/2/2009
So this story completely and utterly blew my FUCKING mind.

Amazing, brilliant, fantastic, stupendous, all are good words to describe this story. It's extremely well developed, and I think you should seriously publish. Because Good Gods, it's incredible.
Alexandra Paige chapter 25 . 3/23/2009
This story has officially left me speechless.

I clicked on it when I was surfing through Romance stories and I was like Gasoline? Spark? This is different so I decided to read it. I'm really glad I did!

This story was totally different from anything I've ever read before. I loved it to put it simply.

Awesome job!

-Alex
anon chapter 25 . 3/20/2009
I could criticise this story, I really. Maybe sometime I will-but I'd have to bother to login to my account (because anonomous criticism is rather rude). There are various incongruities in this story, grammer errors, and scenes that could use some editing that I could point out. But I won't, because this review is just about an over all impression. The overall impression I can most simply offer is "wow." The character develope across the pages and get more sharp and soft and twisted and real. The way you describe Delilah's feeling and thought make her seem like a humble philosopher. She has so many ideas-all left unfinished, and somehow the impression is convey that she could have developed them into something truly extraordinary, but she never had the chance. All she has is what she has now, and all she has she offers, bareing her soul to be accepted, understood, or condemned. Especially important is the way she offers these feelings. They seem so new to her, so charactistic of youth in that these things she has discovered in herself are something the world has never seen, because she herself had never before seen them, and her world is only what she has experiences. See there, your story makes me spout idiotic drivel that would get me mocked by peers and elders. Your story made me think things that would result condecention from others. Anyway... good luck with your writing. I hope you continue. You have the talent. May you eventually be published, and find readers who will bother to try to understand. Thanks for the story. :)
IHateMyLoveLife chapter 25 . 3/17/2009
Wow. Let me start by saying that your writing style was so metaphoric and amazing. I'm a little jealous because I certainly haven't found my nitch yet.

There were some spelling mistakes. Such as 'manikin' which is actually spelled mannequin. I can't remember the other, dang it.

It's taken me a while to read this but you know I think taking so long has made me appecirate this even more and think about this even more.

I found it incredibly twisted and at the same time so logical. The way no one will ever be totally unquie or different. I think I'm going to always wonder what exactly did Delilah want. Did she want happiness, to change, to make a difference, or to just lose herself?

I think to have Cain as not a model/god was the best thing you could have done, next to making him a pyro. It shows that not everyone is perfect. Even those chick-lit stories, they may not think they're pretty but in truth they are. That bothers me. Cain and Del weren't model level oerfect. It makes them more real.

Also the fact that Del admitted that she had an obession with Cain, unlike like that stupid Bella from Twilight. Did they really love each other and they just stay each other only hold on humanity. The last place to keep themselves sane.

I'm not even sure if that makes any sense because I am a bit drugged up. This should make sense though. I loved it.
starburst09 chapter 25 . 3/16/2009
You are truly amazing.

My friend recommended this story to me ages ago, but I had been so busy I had just gotten the chance to read it now. It's almost 3 in the morning now, but I'm definitely glad I stuck to it until the final chapter. Just like Cain to Deli, this story is a drug. I swear. Ask every single one of your reader and they'd probably say the same thing.

I could just imagine this story of yours as a movie. It's probably going to be the best manipulative psychological thriller ever. In history.

I love how this story focuses a lot on just two main characters. When I'm reading this, it feels like only the two of the exists in the world they live in while the rest of the characters are just like decorations. It's like Cain and Delilah are the party and the rest of the characters are the booze. Usually, I would've been dying to know the reason behind Cain's or Delilah's twisted minds but while reading your story, I don't.

Anyways, thanks for writing such a beautiful piece :D
Lena chapter 25 . 3/16/2009
One problem I ussually have with everything I read is that the characters aren’t constructed strongly enough for me. I don’t see the resons for the actions, they all seem alike and there aren’t any kind of subtelties in the personalities. I must tell you that your characters are wonderfully constructed and, although they both share the same goal and kind of pain, they whole being and history is in the open and easy to diferenciate.

I find your writting the perfect in its forgetfulness. By this, I don’t mean that the story in itself is easy to forget, but that even though time might pass and the details (like descriptions or the exact actions of the characters) are erased the message of the story is easy to remember.

For me, it was like my personal ‘catcher in the rye’. All those questions have gone through my mind. What’s more, some of the conclusions were my own also, and the flow in the foughts reminds me a lot of how I approched them in the past. Of course, considering Im writting this, I didn’t take the same path. I feel it shows how one person can affect someone so deeply to either save them from themselves or push them over the edge. I especially liked how Delilah realices that she is needed, not only by Cain, but by her mother, friends, etc. Maybe my love for the story is based in the fact that I can relate to the feeling that you are living more for other person that needs you than for yourself.

Personally, I didn’t find either of them suicidal. In any case, it’s more of an exageration of what we already feel. Like nobody feels the same way you do or can understand it. Of course you know they are other people that feel the same way, you just can’t acknoledge it. In that sense pain seems a lot like love, even though people have spoken and wrote about it, suddenly you produce a new emotion that is different from what everyone is feeling.

I do notice that I have only given praises, but to actually give a negative critique I would have to re-read it looping for mistakes. And just so you know how real are my praises, I will tell you that my friends actually find annoying how easily I find reasons to ‘destroy’ a book.

If I should mention one thing that I would probably change, is the way Delilah’s family is presented. Considering how affected she is by everything that surrounds her, I feel that you should have gotten into more detail at how her life works. The focus on how she thinks is great, but it doesn’t explain how is it that she routinely deals with her family. But my opinion might be affected by the stop after chapter 17 made me lost a loto f the continuity of the reading, so I wouldn’t put much weight into it.

So I think, that’s everything I wanted to say. The story is great and sorry for the sloppy English (a long time without practice).

I'll probably start reading the rest of your stories now while I'm still have my freedom from classes. Good luck with your writting!

P/D: I loved that they stole only a dolar! XD I'm stopping now, or I will stay here all day.
CreativeEdge chapter 25 . 3/15/2009
sorry I haven't been reviewing. I took an extended technology break.

Anyways I could probably write an essay of compliments but I'll stick to four words.

Love it.

Publish Now.

I'm really looking forward to whatever you write next,

-Ani
bubbli.lynx chapter 25 . 3/13/2009
This is one of the most amazing stories I've read... ever. I loved it that it was different, that she wanted to be different and by that she believed and thought not to believe in everything and nothing. I loved the ending and the continuous story of her and her Cliff, the big decision she needed, if not wanted to make just like that life changing decision we all need to make. The fact that in the end she died with grace because she knew what she wanted makes her stand out from every other romance charactor. She knew what she wanted, she was willing to act. Her act of grace, which was similar to mercy was amazing because in her dying she was set free with Cain to live with him and not have to work to fight to be an individual any more. In all I just absolutely loved your story because even though Delilah seemed insane she wasn't, she just didn't know what she wanted but she worked to find out. This was the story of her journey and I feel honoured that I got to walk her journey with her. You are an amazing writer and I'll be eagerly awaiting your next story.
415 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »