Reviews for Stealing Echo
philia-calliope chapter 17 . 9/5/2008
AW. Jayda. ANTEROS? He wants to scorn veronica for scorning love? GAH.

I gotta say your plotline is brilliant! I officially adore Eros...and Link :D
philia-calliope chapter 16 . 9/5/2008
Things I adored:

1. DISNEY REFERENCES! WOOT. I love you for that. Veronica's opinions are totally valid, actually, when I think about it.

2. Link not liking Hercules "He's a pansy!"

3. BRODY IS EROS? EROS IS BRODY? WHY AM I TALKING IN CAPS? GASPETH.

4. The fact that this is love/hate, and freakishly...the song that came on my shuffle was "Hate that I Love You" by Rihanna and Ne-Yo. LE GASP.

I'm also uber happy the mythology is in it now! LOVE IT!
philia-calliope chapter 15 . 9/5/2008
"You can just take off your shirt you know." He offered. Veronica's head snapped up faster than a speeding bullet, and she looked at him, appalled. "I didn't mean it… sexually."

OK. LET ME CATCH MY BREATH.

GAH.

Hoo boy. Seriously, if you don't become a rom/com director or author, YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING YOUR CALLING.

Seriously, you tap into the emotions perfectly, and the comedy is so there, which is really hard to write. Link and Veronica are making one of the best love/hate relationships I've read in a really long time, and love/hates are my faves!

EPIC GAHS.

*HEARTS* Link.

Look what you've done, you've reduced me to a babbling-gahing mess! BRILLIANT WORK!
philia-calliope chapter 14 . 9/5/2008
BEST TWIST EVER!

I'd been waiting SO long to work out how this was in the mythology section ...Ihave my answer :D

Well done, that kind of suspense was killing me and making curiouser and CURIOUSER! LOVE it. I can't be coherent right now, cause I'm in too much of a rush to read on!
philia-calliope chapter 12 . 9/5/2008
That was a great chapter. You've woven comedy and sensitivity really well, almost seamlessly! It all comes across very real.

Just a small pointer you spelt "throne" as "thrown"...two different things :D

Otehr than that, I'm in love with this story. You could totally do this for a living...become an author, I mean.
philia-calliope chapter 11 . 9/5/2008
GAH...CLIFFE.

Cruel. How very cruel.

On the otehr hand, you've finished the story...so I can jsut breeze through *Ha* Lol.
philia-calliope chapter 8 . 9/5/2008
Oh God, how embarrassing for Veronica. On the other hand, it made some interesting reading! I'm yet to see the mythology though...I hope it's not my ignorance that's stopping me from seeing it :S

Jayda is hilarious, she would be one awesome friend to have...and at the same time you could hate her, lol. The way you've written her antics, even while isn't there, make her an even more foreceful character, cause we are seeing her through the eyes of characters that do know her. I love it.

Link...oh good God, what do I say? I think I have a soft spot for arrogant guys...I really do. GAH, he and Veronica are so amusing! Adoring this story. I'm an official fan :)
philia-calliope chapter 5 . 9/5/2008
Oh goodness. The dialogue is just too good for words (no pun intended!). Just curious...where is the mythology in this? Is it based on some myth as well as the song? Is Jayda playing a cupid character? Is the dog Fury...well, does the dog have anything to do with it? I'm confused! But great work otherwise :)
philia-calliope chapter 4 . 9/5/2008
Jayda, that clever little deceptive thing!

OOH, and I'm UBER, UBER hooked now!

"Only when I want. Why does seeing a half naked man turn you on?" He smirked back with an arrogance that she figured he possessed. She gaped at him and crossed her arms.
philia-calliope chapter 3 . 9/5/2008
Ooh, this just gets curiouser and curiouser! Jayda and Brody...what do they have on their mind. You've set up the suspense really well, and luckily, I can now breeze through all the chapters and get up to speed. If it's ok with you, I'm going to read them, then review the last one (I tend to write long reviews, and I would just die if I had to do each one, no offense!).

Great work...you definitely piqued my curiosity!
philia-calliope chapter 2 . 9/5/2008
Ok, I (dazzeling diamond) am officially a fan of this story.

I loved everything...the characters, the style in which you write! It's very sophisticated but with an easy/casual manner, which makes it a cruisey and fun to read. Your vocab is great, and the way you place words and such.

Jayda is highly amusing, I think I'm going to enjoy reading about her. What a friend, getting her other *dead-set against men* friend into a marriage, lol. Brilliant. And her blackmailing a man to marry her, tee hee. Veronica is cool too, an I can't wait to see what happens!
philia-calliope chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
Because you asked so sweetly, here it is...a review!

Hi, I'm actually 1/3 of the account I'm reviewing with...we a group of regular fanfiction members, in our own right, but we've teamed up for to, for the first time, enter the mythology fandom. Yeah, so, the person reviewing is "dazzeling diamond" OF "philia-calliope"

Ok, that was just to let you know who is reviewing...anymore reviews from this account and it is me, dazzeling diamond.

Alright, to REVIEW. I love it. I love the casual tone you've adopted. I find that myth fics often sound fun and modern with this style, and yours is particularly engaging.

I loved the line "Damn her to Oblivion". Loved it! The persepctive of whoever this character is, is fascinating, I can't wait to read more!
cratermaker chapter 23 . 9/4/2008
-slumps in computer chair with dazed grin on face- E... It maketh meh happy... v So wonderful! I liked this story a lot, and I'm very impressed. I was procrastinating reading it (for some strange reason) but now I'm sad that it's over... D: Well it was a really awesome story, and I love Link's full name. AWSHUM! -hops up and down as if on super duper medication-

Crater: And this is why I don't allow her to read so much fluff in one sitting... -sighs heavily and drags me off to the third floor of the LSU medical center (psychiatric ward.)-
Arabea chapter 23 . 8/10/2008
Good ending - although a very abrupt one. That was a great story! I loved it! I will totally read the spin-off one about Jayda. lol. Yeah, you definitely do need an editor, no offense. Lots of little things here and there. But still an amazing story.
Arabea chapter 22 . 8/10/2008
Sheesh! Talk about graphic. Just kidding - it's actually not as bad as some of the books I've read. I won't name titles, but they know who they are. lol. One more chapter. Whoo!
137 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »