Reviews for Gay
silentconfessions chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
beautiful poem. great flow. very powerful.

thank you for sharing this.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
Wow, very powerfully written. You have amazing control over so much of this poem. The rhythm is flawless. You stick to a very staunch four syllables per line, and even the two times you break it seem to fit perfectly.

The word choice is also spot-on. It's not too dramatic or emotional, nor is it too detatched. It's straightforward and literal with just the emotional level it needs.

I'm finding it hard to say anyting bad about this poem. Powerful topic and brilliant execution.

Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
WinterDeity chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
i want this poem (i never thought i could want a piece of literature...a person, definitely, but words? it's a bit-oh, sorry, rambling a bit here _;; )! it's like-i love the-ermm, i think i might be speechless O.o it doesn't happen often, so you should feel special . it was super fantastorgasmical ] (realizes she sounds like a perverted 6 year old, but is strangely okay with it)

great job! keep it up!

Winter
Vanilla Tea chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Wow the message is really good here, and the flow is nice. The only thing i might change is in the third stanza, i would change the last two lines to "a promise to do/what i must" but it really doesnt sound too bad the other way. nice job

-SB, review marathon
Fractured Illusion chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
Wow, you had a real powerful flow here! Your words are well chosen, too. Oftentimes i find poets use too weak or too dramatic words in their poems, and thus failing to depict what they want properly. But not here!

Good working!

Only awkward moment was the end: "It's a crime", because it didn't fit in with the words. The other last words of their paragraphs were "caught", "such" and "must", all with strong t-sounding sounds (yeah I am a true proffessional haha) but crime doesn't, which breaks the flow. I hope you understood what I am trying to say.

I really like the poem though!

- Frac, from the Review marathon, sponsored by the review game (link in profile. Check it out if you're bored :) )
fatbird33 chapter 1 . 2/24/2008
it's so NOT a crime! nice message