Reviews for Hollow Greetings
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I've never been in a relationship before so I can only imagine what this means :(

Why did you choose the word 'sweetheart'?

I love the word 'fuck', it sounds so delicious and erotic.

For some reason I read the last line 'and you weren't inherited', yeah don't read into that too much my mind plays tricks on me, like seeing something out the corner of my eyes.
windy girl chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
I really liked the every line but the first. I may be a little biased; after reading many poems, words like 'darling,' 'babe,' 'hon,' and the like become trite. Sweetheart seems a little too soft, even if it's meant to be euphemistic. That aside, I just don't see connection to the other saying, so it is hard to see the wit. It's almost vague, to me.

[Maybe you know something I don't, and I'm missing your point altogether?]

-max
Phantasmagoria Land chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Thanks for giving an honest review [and yeah, i know, that really wasn't one of my best poems. \]

As for this poem, it is brutal and honest and I like it cause of that.
Niels Stegeman chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
First of all, thank you very much for your review. Indeed, that poem didn't work out as well with rhythm. It's not always so! But thank you again for the criticism; much appreciated.

Yes, it is quite a brutal poem! I think it only works in its interest. As your previous reviewer mentioned, it gives an welcome edge to the whole thing. The brevity of the poem also works in its advantage. All in all, I enjoyed reading this. Good work.
she smolders chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
I love the angrier emotions in your poem but I think it was the a/n that struck a chord in me. Sometimes I could show more brutality in life too but then I can't help but care what others think of me.
emeraude-irlandais chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
Made me roll my eyes (in a good way!) at its honesty. The edginess is so common nowadays, it's hard not to let it become trite, but there's an anecdote lurking beneath those four lines that rescues it from poem-purgatory.