Reviews for The Swashbucklers
Chesterfield chapter 4 . 1/10/2010
So OBVIOUSLY Rowan is the coolest character, but I'm sure that's exactly why he was crafted.

But I am slightly terrified with this cliffhanger. (INGRID!) I get the feeling like it can't possibly be true, but then again, it did just happen, but...I don't want it to be true.

Gotta be a dream. I've decided...*nervous shivering*
Chesterfield chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
You know, I couldn't place my finger on exactly why I was really liking these characters, but then I realized that they're really accessable. They have real problems and real interactions. And, to put the cherry on top, they have REAL NAMES! Even though their names are fairly uncommon, they are still grounded in reality so I can actually picture them as people as opposed to...like Elf people or something. Somehow, when characters have outlandish names, I imagine them looking like elves.

Anyway, on that note, I particularly like the way you've established the chapter styles. Each chapter is a new adventure which has a totally new set of rules and outcomes, but there is still a large overarching plot to the entire story itself. It makes it very fun and exciting to read, like a video game or a television series. This story is easy to get in and stay in. I'm really enjoying myself, and you should feel proud of yourself for producing something like that!

Onward!
Chesterfield chapter 2 . 1/9/2010
OK! What I've read so far I really think is worth continuing. This is well paced so we get good character development but we're not bogged down by too much dialogue. The characteres, in particular Ingrid, are fleshed out and interesting so I actually become invested in their adventure. As far as the dialogue itself is concerned, it's really nice to see someone with a good grip of style and grammar so it's not a struggle to work through stiff dialogue. All around, I think you've got a great writing style and you should be happy with what you've produced.

My only suggestion would be to look out for sentence variety. The way it is feels very structured and methodical which is grammatically sound, but can get a little redundant at times. Try to make the sentences flow into one another instead of using a period every time you need a pause.

Great job, and I'll read more when I have another chunk of time available to me!

(Weirdly, I can picture this to make a really exciting video game...)
Mad Asher chapter 2 . 4/5/2008
I like the plot so far, though it seems a bit cliche.
64 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5