Reviews for Second Place
Sephiroth Critic chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
I LOVE this poem. Although, it doesn't seem to be for the reasons you may have intended. You see, I find it simply hilarious, though it does make me more sympathetic to those that work harder than me but don't do as well. Alas, it makes me sad to see people working so hard (and hating me so bitterly) for the advantages that I was born with and hardly have to devote any effort to. But then, my failings are likewise so insurmountable that no amount of effort in the world can correct them.

"How the hell do you get number one?"

Good question. Sadly, I'm afraid that life isn't exactly fair, which can be very irritating at times. At least you've provided me with a glimpse at the frustration of being number two, which was quite interesting.
The Candle Thief chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
lol, The second part kinda describes me, except I never boast about it. XD I am trying to work harder, though, since I am in high school. Kinda hard to procrastinate now. :/

Well, anyway, I still enjoyed it. I think we all feel that way sometimes.

-Ramen
briannanicole768 chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
I can relate to this poem so much. It never makes sense to me why some people seem to be given so much credit for things they don't deserve, and we're left in "second place". It's hard for me to explain in just a sentence or two but I understand where you're coming from. Nice poem! Keep up the good work! :)

*Bri