Reviews for My life is written in red ink
fleur de l'est chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
I particularly liked the 'red' part. It's such strong imagery and sets the scene for the rest of the poem. Great diction, 'falling down the pages' etc. Lovely piece.
dragonflydreamer chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
Hm, interesting. The comparison of the red ink to blood is a bit cliched, but I like the image of "red ink" in general. It made me think of it being bold and obviouis. I guess that ties into your concept, too.

[As my thoughts glide across the paper] I like your word choice of "glide" there. It feels so free compared to the pain in the rest of the piece.

~Sparkles from the Review Marathon (link in profile)
jAsMiNeLoVeStWiLiGhT chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
depressing. still good. muhahaha. you will have 3295870398573409 emails and reviews when im done with you.
Luna Turner chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Ah! I've tried to write poetry like this before and it always turns out sucky! So kudos to you for mastering something I couldn't! :-)

"Drinking out my tortured soul" sounds like it's missing a word... but I don't really know.

"Falling down the pages/ As my thoughts glide across the paper" these two lines don't really flow because it causes confusion somewhat.

"Absorbing all my pain/ Stealing all my sorrow" nothing wrong with these lines, they were just my two favorite.

Great job!