Reviews for On Poetry
Midnight voices chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
This is brilliant, I particularly love the last two lines
SEMMU chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
I've read many of your posts. I'm impressed with your depth, and based on the sheer number of pieces, with you breadth. It seems as if you're willing to put any thought/emotion to paper. I admire that quality. I've chosen "On Poetry" to review for two reasons: You did an excellent job capturing the mindset of millions. Second, I absolutely love the line: "Seas of self-hypocrisy I drown myself;"

Excellent work. I'm no expert; however, I do have a few stylistic suggestions. First, I always prefer to eliminate all nonessential words. For example:

I hate dripping lines

I fight, to stay sane.

(If sanity is

still an option?)

Or something like that

Excellent job. Remember, take my suggestions or leave them, it matters little. Just keep writing! Write on!
scarlet stars chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Nice. :) Very well put. *looks down page and laughs previous reviewers* Yup, us writers must already be insane. But anyways, back to your poem! I liked it...but not the structure of it. First off, every single letter at the beginning of a line does not need to be capitalized. "Burning" for example. I enjoyed the part about drowning yourself in seas of self-hypocrisy. Very good word choice and metaphor! Hm, maybe you should add an in between "And reality" so that is says "And in reality-" Another small thing, you do not need to space before and after the -. Just afterwords I think. Personally I would add a comma after the second to last line and then lower case the B on but in the final line. Very nice. Good word choice. Loads of potential here!
Mary Chrys chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Um... can I say I agree? Because, I agree. Oh, I do love poetry. I like writing it more than reading it, I think, becuase it's my emotions on the paper, but you know, whatever.
a certain slant of light chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Oh, very good. I love it. Especially the three last lines. The whole piece is beautiful but those lines are really nice. *adds to favorites*
siphoned afterglow chapter 1 . 3/3/2008
I think writers are already insane, so you don't have to worry about turning crazy;D nice work