Reviews for Chinese Whispers
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Where I am we call that telephone

I liked how different every person's reactions were because it's very true with gossip and the rhyming was good because none of it felt forced

The only thing is it seemed a bit off balance you spend all that time with reactions and only that little bit on that very unique and fitting metaphor.. I felt like either less on the reactions or more with the metaphor would help

Also I think the first two lines are unneccessary. I think the it is quite obvious without those two lines and they just took away from the rest of the piece

Anyhow it's a really great piece and definately something everyone can relate to because who hasnt been part of the gossip circle?
The Candle Thief chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Ah...I loved that game. XD I like the analogy about the spool of thread, I thought that was neat. And how the different people reacted. The rhyme scheme did a lot to draw me in.

-Ramen
Tranquil Thorns chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
I like the rhythm you have here. The rhyming works very well.

I used to play this game, too! I like how you have a double-meaning here, though, such as you incorporate rumor-spreading into a simple, childhood game.

Nice job. (:
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
This is quite song-like, and there is a really catchy beat to it, I especially like the different attitudes of each person. The imagery reminded me of the scene in the film "my fair lady", lol. Well done!
Lady Kaito chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Nice story, I used to play that game too! Good spelling and grammer and all, really interesting. Keep up the good work!