Reviews for Beautiful Jesus
Elim chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
This is amazing. You describe so well so many of the pains that children go through in this world. It's a good reminder that Jesus isn't just for adults. He's there for everyone, no matter how small or unnoticed. And children go through more pain than a lot of people realize - more pain than they ever should.

It was the first one that really hit me - the small boy being smothered by his father.

And the image of Jesus crying. That isn't something we get very often. And it's good to hear, because if Jesus can cry, then so can we. Thank you.

-Elim
PoetryQueen chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
I really liked that! Wow! This really makes me think, good job!
Little Miss Whatsherface chapter 1 . 5/19/2008
Oh, wow. This was absolutely amazing. And, in a way, inspirational. It's amazing to think about what Jesus did for us and what he must have felt during the crucifixion. I feel like, while reading this poem, Jesus felt more pain from watching his children fall than the actual crucifixion itself. But that's what makes him God.

I really loved reading this. It made me inspired and sad in one mix. Excellent work on portraying just how wonderful Jesus really is! )
shinco chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Wow... just... wow... I actually cried a little bit. This poem really makes you think, especially about the boy who commits suicide because he never knew about Jesus for his friends never told him about him... this is a very powerful; poem.

As for the father spanking the child with a belt, I believe there's a time and a place for spanking, but I don't think you should use a belt on a three-year-old. That's way too harsh on their fragile bottom or wherever the belt is used! My dad always used his hand, and I know that doesn't hurt near as much as the belt (although, I've never felt a belt, and I'm glad I never did!), but a hand does the trick, lemme tell ya! :O

I noticed you used leather for the whip they used... if only it HAD been leather. I don't know if you've seen "The Passion of the Christ", but it's very accurate, and to whip Jesus, they actually used a nine-tails, which is a type of whip that has nine "tails" on it made with metal pieces! I don't even wanna think about it. It makes me cry...

Anyway, I really liked this poem (very mujch change of mood!)! I think you got the point across to a lot of people about him... I'm gonna read the other reviews, and see what other people said...
Bari chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
very heartfelt and powerful! Jesus loves each and every one of us unconditionally no matter what we've done or where we've been. may He continue to bless you, use you, and inspire you not only on this site but also in your daily life. thanks for sharing and keep writing!
Needa S chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
It seems I have heard this some where, maybe a song, then again maybe not. Not sure. lol Beautifully done. Write on.
Mychael Lynne chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
) That's really awesome. I like it.

But there were a few parts that didn't make sense, or need clarification. Like in the fourth stanza you begin with "the boy let go," and in the third you had spoken of a boy being smothered, and it sounds like the boy being smothered had let go of something, instead of the guy doing the smothering releasing him.

And then when Jesus speaks of loving a girl "more than the ocean itself," I don't understand the reference to the ocean. More than "life itself" would make sense, but not ocean. You know? It's not like there was ever a question of whether Jesus loves us more than the ocean or not.

But overall this is a lovely poem, and I really do like it.
Purple Shell chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
argh...I could just burst in tears reading this...but I hold myself back so dat I can write dis review...

God really works on this poetry..He can and will touch people's heart when they read this...

but I spot one misatke: The whip came down on his back harder then before.- it should be "than" with an 'a'

but overall I really like this..and if I am given permission, I would like to share this to some people,,but I'll write a disclaimer...if not then I'll just point people to come and read this wonderful peace..

Praise God forever! He's worthy to be praised!