Reviews for The Ascending Dawn: The Tale of the Arabian Nights
WinterInk24 chapter 5 . 5/15/2011
aw, Avizeh seem like a kind and smart girl. She behaved oddly very calmly in face of death. I also though it seem a little odd that Shaherazade would come up with the idea to take the place of the Sultan's wife. I'm a little confused with the beginning though. Did the Sultan kill more than Avizeh, or Shaherazade was imaging it.

I can't wait to read of her trip to the market. I really want to read your description of it. Maybe will see some Shahryar and Shaherazade interaction.

I'm in love with your wring and this story. I'm hoping so hard to see an update soon. :D
WinterInk24 chapter 4 . 5/15/2011
Aw. Shahryar heart has been broken. And soon his mind, judging from that last sentence. I'm guessing a progression of virgin deaths will soon come in the next chapters.

Great writing as usual. I was on edge reading about the Sultana's death. The "eager masses" awaiting for the head to fall off her. The pulse of Sultana quivering as her neck strains. *shiver*
WinterInk24 chapter 3 . 5/15/2011
Great story of Rais. Did you write that up by yourself. If so, nice. :D Gosh, I'm loving Shaherazade as the story goes on. You make her so...human. Definitely not a Mary Sue. She is impatient, and self-preserving. She knows that she's good at weaving stories, so she plays that in her advantage. Yet, she also gets stage fright in the beginning. I love reading a character that I can connect with, but at same time, has something special to her.
WinterInk24 chapter 2 . 5/15/2011
Heh. I see Shaherazade is as impatient as the previous chapter. For some odd reason, I really liked the sentence "A lock of obsidian hair fell out of the Sultan's jeweled turban and he impatiently pushed it back inside." Really could imagine this handsome god-like man show human-like irritation.

And wow. That Sultana...:( how dare she cheat on Shahryar! He, well at least right now, exudes kindness and warm. How dare she go behind his back! And then daring to kill Shaherazade! Ugg.
WinterInk24 chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
:O YES! A story of Scheherazade! I absolutely love the idea of staying alive through story telling. Your writing is so descriptive. I was imagining little Scheherazade pushing her way through the crowd for the glance of the exotic couple. I really can't wait to read the rest.
Torticolis chapter 5 . 3/6/2011
Does this mean that she's going to have to go to the country before she marries the Sultan? These chapters just can't come fast enough! Love 'em! Seriously can't wait for the nest update, and the next next one, and the next next next one. I know, I know, patience is a virtue -that I don't have.

PS: Just so you know I stalk your profile regularly since I fell madly in love with both this story and your Puppet Queen one! haha I'm such a creeper. Hope you don't mind! :-)
Torticolis chapter 4 . 1/19/2011
Woah! Way way way intense chapter there! I like how you write Shaherazade's POV. She seems smart, aware but slightly sheltered from the world, and brutally honest despite her wild imagination. The sultan, on the other hand, is starting to scare me somewhat, but his character also incites a great deal of curiosity. Though the sultana's behavior is the most intriguing of all, perhaps you'll be so kind as to provide us with Shaherazade thoughts on the forces that drove Fataneh to her actions in later chapters? Either way, I can't wait for your next update.
CrazyCowgirl101 chapter 4 . 1/6/2011
AHH! Cliff hanger! Update ASAP! PLEASE!
torticolis chapter 3 . 10/31/2010
Very interesting. I find your version that much more engaging than the actual original. Hope you keep working on this story.
SavyLeArtist chapter 3 . 5/5/2010
This is a great retelling! I've always wanted to read a good rich retelling of this story, and I've find one, please keep up the wonderful work!
thepretender1031 chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
oh i love this! i think i love 1001 arabian nights since the tv movie came out a long time ago w/ Dougary Scott as the sultan.

i'm so happy you're writing ur own version on this. can't wait!
CrazyCowgirl101 chapter 2 . 8/31/2009
I cannot wait for you to update this! Its wonderful! So please, please,please update soon!
kia chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
I has always fansinated abt what happenec bwt Scheherazade and her husband. nice to see ur fic. It's very update:)
Kira chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
Great so far, please keep writing.
moon-behind-dark-clouds chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
I hope you do continue this story. It looks very promising )
130 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »