Reviews for Heartless Journeys
bubublacz chapter 6 . 12/11/2013
Hey there I really love your style of writing. I seem to find no fault in it.
bubublacz chapter 3 . 12/11/2013
What? I hope that what I'm thinking will not prove to be true :/
xofallenangelxx chapter 32 . 3/27/2011
Awesome! Update soon!
hippi926840 chapter 32 . 1/3/2010
this is an amazing story you've crafted here

keep up the good work, and im looking forward to the next update!
Georgia chapter 32 . 9/25/2009
This is such a fantastic story! I love the characters so much and the mysteries they hold. (I really really really want braeden and Lin to get together properly :D) You are a fantastic writer. I hope you update soon X)
Genato chapter 32 . 6/19/2009
i wasn't that satisfied with this chapter. it's too short.
BluNyghtLeo chapter 31 . 4/10/2009
Such a beautiful chapter and very emotional, I'm eager to read more ) and I love how the ceremony went. It did bring tears to my eyes lol you did a lovely job with this story so far. D
Daranak chapter 31 . 3/22/2009
I just finished reading this story over the course of several days, and I have to say I found it one of the better ones here on FictionPress. I don't understand why it has so few reviews compared to other fics (well, you don't go for the seemingly quite popular yaoi or yuri angles, but even so, IMO this story should have more reviews).

The character I like most is Braeden (and I never saw the twist about his family coming), and the least, Lin, who I see as rather haughty (bordering on arrogance) and difficult to empathize with. Still, I'll give you credit in that you didn't make Lin a whiter-than-white Mary Sue, a type of character I cannot stand. She makes mistake from time to time, as evidenced by Syenna's death.

However, there is an issue about her I feel is quite important and that you haven't addressed - the fact that she froze in the fight against the slavers. This is extremely dangerous, not just for herself, but also for her companions. Now, I know that later on she somehow kills the Garquan Mericules, but that seemed more due to some unknown magic than skill at arms. (Considering that Garquans have near-impenetrable natural armor, as shown by Braeden's fights with them, I can't see how Lin could have cut Mericules into a number of bloody parts through physical strength alone, never mind how skilled she might be.)

Considering that Lin seems to take pride in her abilities, shouldn't she spend some time reflecting on the fact that she froze in combat, and try to come up with ways to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future? She reminds me of characters I call "masters of the dojo" - people who perform very well under controlled conditions (such as training fights like the one where she fought Braeden to a near standstill), but who crumble when put in real, stressful situations (such as the fight with the slavers).

Instead, she seems content to ignore the issue, going so far as to later rather haughtily tell Braeden that she can defend herself better than he can imagine, or words to that effect. I can't understand why Braeden didn't make some sort of "Yes, I remember how skillfully you *froze* when we fought those slavers" comeback.

But anyway, I really like this story, and I hope you update soon (and, oh yeah, that Braeden and Lin will soon finally go all the way ;-).
BWeep chapter 31 . 2/18/2009
Great description of the funeral; it's like the reader is honored to share a piece of their culture. The day passed too fast, though, as if Lin didn't have more than three thoughts.
Gabbylynn chapter 31 . 1/14/2009
You are still doing great with this story JC! I can't wait for the next chapter (I just finished 30). Keep up the good writing!
Randomisation chapter 31 . 1/6/2009
really great chapter! i really look forward to the next :D
Xinsan chapter 31 . 1/5/2009
What a beautiful send-off... I wonder if such a rite is reserved for Kai alone?

If only we had funerals like that... Well written, and very touching. (though I can't remember why Asis is being punished or the details of who died at the hands of an Ikker).
Xinsan chapter 30 . 12/8/2008
Yay, an update! I know it's unfair to demand more to read (given how much effort it takes to write) but I want more. Lots, lots more. Pages and pages and hours worth. I love reading this, and I can't wait to see how the tension between them unfolds.
Xinsan chapter 29 . 11/10/2008
Yay! Best reader ever award goes to: us! Hooray!

It is rather saddening that Lin and Braeden aren't quite working things out yet. I'm very keen to find where this is going. Please do update as soon as you can, won't you?

And now it's time for a much needed sleep. Night guys!

~Link
Xinsan chapter 26 . 11/10/2008
"The idea of him repulsed her."

:O But they were doing so well... D: