Reviews for Three Feet Under
Who Is This Girl Anyway chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Your narrative is remarkable, and the idea is brilliantly unique. I love how much thought has went into this, and the little plays on words. Your character is original, and you write in a very sophisticated fashion. Well done.
xBlackxLightx chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
That was probably one of the most creatively written stories I have ever read! I loved the "Three Feet Under" name, I'm often obsessed with play-on-words xD The writing was interesting, and it sounded just like an eccentric foot-enthused artist/murderer. I could just imagine the madman telling me the story from his own experience. The ending news article was really clever too. Loved it!

xBlackxLightx
xLilly White chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
CHRIST.

I think... I think you've just invented a new type of perfection.

Your style is just... WOW. Insane! You must be an insane person to be able to write so well, and with this lingering aftertaste of something deranged, with each beautiful phrasing. Just that one phrase in the summary sounded gorgeous.

And like, the strategically placed exclamation marks that make me imagine the madman in question with a strange, maniacal expression on his face as he thinks these strange thoughts. And at the same time, blended with the deranged-ness, there's this kind of genius- just, the simple mention of Sartre and renowned artists. I find it great. Ironic. Hilarious!

Stuff like, "I'LL HAVE YOUR FEET!", or even the whole dialogue with his first victim; each phrase is perfect and twisted somehow.

And, ah. The ending. I really wasn't expecting it to be an art expo... it almost sounds like one of those strange stories where you know there's a hidden meaning behind it, like with the severed feet that are dangling above people's heads instead of being rooted firmly to the ground, but you just can't put your finger on it.

And, was it just to confuse us furthur, that number 5 after the End? I'm telling you, you must be insane to write things as clever and perfect in its madness as this. I'm sorry to blabber like a fangirl, but seriously... I can't believe you had to find me before I could find out that someone on this earth and within my age-span could write like this. Bah! I'll be back for more, that's for sure. :)

I hope the inspiration stays golden for you... keep writing!
xEutopiax chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Hey

This was an interesting piece, I enjoyed it. There weren't any blaring mistakes as far as I could see.

I enjoyed your style of writing, sophisticated yet still intriguing. Very refreshing.

Good Work,

Kaiyako K.
Kinderwhore chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
To quote David: Wow. I really, really enjoyed this. The formal/sophisticated writing style you've chosen to use for the first half works with the story and character, particularly when we discover that David is an artist. (I actually snickered when I read that "Three Feet Under" was a modern art exhibit; the preserved feet is very Damien Hirst.)

The plot itself is also really original; at least, I haven't seen it done before on this site, so kudos to you!

As for things I didn't like... Er, "Pedo Association of Modern Arts"? Pedo?

Your spelling, grammar etc. is very good, but there were a couple of things that made me frown, like how Michelangelo's David was italicized and capitalized, but Birth of Venus and Ninth Symphony weren't.

"Combined with the calculated breadth of the square room, they evoke a chilling atmosphere similar to De Chirico’s" -You didn't have any closing punctuation here.

There might be more, but that's all I can spot/remember spotting. Keep up the good work!
Me chapter 1 . 3/5/2008
Whoa that was really weird...but nonetheless awesome.