Reviews for The Storm
ConfuzzledAtLife chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
OK, for some reason the site won't let me log in, so, sorry for that.

I actually thought I had R&Rd this story before! I remember what happened now: I'd read it, then got halfway through reviewing and had to go to dinner. Then my sister turned the computer off and I lost the review, then forgot I hadn't finished it. Then I got your review reply and I was like, whoops! So that's why this took so long.

I like this for the care and devotion the man shows to his horse. He's not just an animal to him, he's a friend. He helped the horse before he helped himself, that's why I like it. I'm not much of an animal girl, my first pets were three guinea pigs only this year, but I still like to show friendship to them, rather than my older sister who grabs them and goes "MEECH MEECH!" Don't ask.

It's a little sad, though, because the storm came, the man and horse survived intact, and then they got no reward for their action. "The sun continued to shine down mercilessly, scorching man and beast alike." It gives it a bit of a sad feeling of closure, especially as when people get hot, rational thoughts leave their heads (Which is why I'm NOT looking forward to end of senior year. Massive exams in 35 degree weather, I'm going to fail. Stressed right now.)

This made me think a bit about all the hurricanes that have been going through southern America, which you obviously know about. Maybe it's because the storms are on the news so much, with footage of people in the Caribbean safeguarding their houses and stuff, while here he's safeguarding his horse. We were supposed to have a monster storm last night and it never came, but the breakfast radio show I listen to was saying "God, I went out and bought timber and spent my whole afternoon putting it all over my windows, and then the bloody storm can't be stuffed to show up!" I'm sure he was joking, but it still came to mind as I read this. Btw, I don't know exactly where you live, and I'm not asking, but I hope it stays safe from the hurricanes! I'm really hoping that Ike was the last one.

Gosh, long review. Sorry.
AnimeArrow chapter 1 . 8/13/2004
You really made me see the image of the storm in my mind. It was really cool.
MelodyReiterLee chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
GREAT description. I like your writing style. You make it seem so real. I could almost feel that I was right there next to the man and the horse.
restless-wandering chapter 1 . 3/13/2003
wow, great imagery and I liked the repetive (ya ya, I know it's spelt wrong, can't think right now, so excuse me. lol) line at the end. Glamulous!
Lady of Stars chapter 1 . 3/9/2003
That was so cool! Really descriptive imagery!
LPegasus chapter 1 . 3/3/2003
It's really interesting, but are you planning on continuing it? I hope that you do.
erzulie chapter 1 . 11/24/2002
WOW! I really like this story! It's short, sweet and precise, not to mention neat. I really like the way you describe everything. This really is a work of art!

E
Purple Colored Auora Petals chapter 1 . 9/19/2002
Wow...I've yet to experience something so great that can give me the satifaction this story delivered.

Great description, your words, beautiful. Normally, I want to know just what this "blackness" was, but not with this story, somehow (I've yet to realize what it is) this story gives a point in itself. I can't even begin to explain it. Very, very good, that was a ***very*** nice story, could never do better myself...and for this reason, I think you deserve to go on my favorites' list.

Extremely nice, you should write more like this...
blakdove chapter 1 . 2/20/2002
wow, i love your descriptions. you're a very good writer.
Tom G chapter 1 . 9/22/2001
Very visual. Will there be a sequel?
The Grynne chapter 1 . 7/21/2001
Beautifully written, suspenseful, lyrical; there is a fatalistic understanding and appreciation of the power and gravity of nature. Silence only adds to the tention. Does it need to be explained who he is? Where he is riding to? I think not. The image is perfect.
Nakato Rune chapter 1 . 6/21/2001
Very nice. I especially like how you tied the first and last sentences together like that.
Bonnie C1 chapter 1 . 4/9/2001
interesting...you have a wonderful way with words. and that was certianly ambiguous, it could be intruprted a thousand different ways, what I always like to refur to as "an english teacher's delight" but it was very good indeed, perhaps, you shall become the next famous arthor of our time...