Reviews for The Quicksilver Ghosts
Cl chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
wow. this is hauntingly beautiful. love the intensity of their feelings and the repetition of mirrors and about looking past the surface. you've just made my day (i haven't read such a good piece in a long time)! (:
Circus chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
I remember when you told me about this story, wrapped in the purple curtains around your bed. That was a long time ago. I was worried that you would never write it, and it would just be forever in the the minds of two people, and while that idea was almost sweet, almost like something you would write about, it really felt like something requiring ink, paper and substance.

Now you've done it, and I could not be more happy with how you've managed it. The story is beautiful, Liv. The thought, the driving force behind it is beautiful and personal and wonderful. This has more earth and steel in it than most of your work. I can see clearly into it, and everything reflects at more direct angles (like a mirror, hah). Your writing is at its best here, your intentional vagueness at the same time highlighting what is important for the reader to see. The fact that color is a theme here is sweetly ironic, because every story you put out has a palette of color matched to it, including this one. The sunset colors, grey, blue, and somewhere, the glint of steel. To me, at least.

Also, I have to say of the title that it is perfect, and reminiscent of literature and of our Dickens. You've done a really amazing job here, and I want to congratulate you on making this story everything that I was hoping for.