Reviews for So much for initiative
stupid stupid girl chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Brilliant! Haha your tone is so great, it's really easy to read, like you're the character.
And fab ending, obviously. Didn't see that coming. XD
hopelesslycliched chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
VERY VERY cute story with a LOL ending :)
Insomnia Breeds Insanity chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I've seen a similar situation. Nobody got kissed, though. My second closest guy friend was flirting with me, but to get a rise out of his girlfriend, and all of a sudden, my brother clocked him in the nose. My brother is ten. My friend is sixteen. A funnier sight I never did see.

-PAB
Mushypork chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
I really like how this is written, awesome job 8D
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
definitely my favorite out of what i've read of yours. i love this. i love the way you set everything up, i love the narrator's nerves, i love how real it all feels. this is just - amazing.

(putting you on author alert.)
i found nemo chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
hahahah oh man. first of all, i love this because i can totally relate to needing to take initiative with the person you like because how the hell is anything going to happen if you don't?

and the ending was absolutely hilarious, funnier than the waitress with only three teeth. well done!
THE Mad Scientist chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
haha poor him! good story
siphoned afterglow chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
haha, i love this. love the ending too, a bit sad but it keeps a smile lingering on my face.
gulistanlik chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Ouch. Damn, that's gotta hurt. And suck.

I'm guessing the narrator is a guy? I like your style of writing. I found this fic on the favourites list of another author. And I'm glad I did! Good reading material, yay! I think I'll check out your other stuff too. D

Keep up the good work!

gulistanlik
crossed Ts chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
i loved it.

i like how you used short sentences to build up the end. it worked very well. and the end...when i read it, i burst out laughing. that's classic! and an awfully clever way to tie it altogether. yes, somehow, an overly sweet and sugary ending wouldn't have done quite as much justice as this one has.

i don't know if it was intentional but he way you pick what details to describe...like you choose to add an extra detail to the sound system but you don'tdescribe the pizza parlour. it's quirky and i really liked that about this story too.

it's a great one-shot. cheers.
fadsafshdfghd chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
Oh, my goodness. That was both terrifically funny and terribly sad. I kind of don't even know whether I should laugh or cry. But I think I'll go with laughter, just because.

I'm kind of obsessed with this, don't be weirded out by that. It's just so ... believable. And simple. I just love it!
RoseLife chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
loved it

hella realistic and styles awsome

nice
KnittingKneedle chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
This review is brought to you by the review marathon (link on my profile)

The end of this made me laugh, because in real life that's how romantic gestures always turn out. Like crap.

So this was funny and realistic.

I'm not sure I liked the jump to the pizza parlour like that, perhaps a line break would have made the transition less awkward.

'And I consider initiative.

And you consider pepperoni or plain.'

The set up to the pay off was fabulous, I liked the short sentances adding to the tension and then just when you think it's all gone well 'bam!'. That's life though isn't it

Good job!