Reviews for Kiss of Twilight: In the Absence of Light
LondonLi chapter 32 . 9/14/2009
First off: YEAH, CINDY'S BANISHED! And you did a great job creating a tense, expectant atmosphere. I can't wait to see what happens. Even though we know some things, you always do surprise us! By the way, have you give a try? I'm not sure if you've mentioned it, but it's run by HarperCollins and they sometimes actually publish the novels posted there.
miss-life chapter 32 . 9/14/2009
I think this chapter made Eve's death even more horrible and sad! But it was still very nice to see her happy and in love, or at least falling in love. I really hope she won't have to suffer when she'll die. I would want for her to die without knowing it, so her last memories would still be happy /

I'm going to cry so hard when she's going to die! Damn it!

As far as how I would like my love life to be? Well the ocean is quite nice, but I've always like the famous Notebook monologue. I want passion in my love and I believe you have to make some compromises too, you have to work at your relationship. But it's not hard to work at it, because you're doing it for your love.
Frozen.by.Sloth chapter 32 . 9/14/2009
I thought the conversation about love was beautiful.

Helena was completely right. Though I'm not sure what I would pick, as I've never really thought about it, it does sound make-believe. I'll try to think of something by the next chapter, no sense in sprouting the first thing that comes to mind.

Honestly, I've been loving this story so much. I haven't reviewed in a while, but hell, most of the time, after I read a chapter, I need time for it to settle, and by then I completely forget about reviewing.

I know these chapters are all unedited for now, but mate, they're great, amazing. Frankly, I wouldn't even notice if you didn't tell us.

I really think your writing is improving, because every chapter seems better than the last one, no matter of the actual happenings, but I can't be sure if you've always been this good and I'm just happy to see a chapter or you're really getting better.

I do believe it's the latter, though. Your style is really rounding up nicely, it's a beauty to read. I really enjoy it. All your comparisons and metaphors really.. Do it, for me.

It's like you're mesmerizing us with words until you feel the need to put everything into perspective. And it snaps into focus. Effectively. For example, the part with Helena's time stalling, stopping, starting again with a snap.

It was, psh... Lovely.

To tell you the truth, I started listening to Enya and some neo-classical stuff while reading this. :)

Okay, so this review is kind of lame, but I just want to say the right thing, and I don't feel like it's coming out.

Anyway... Great job. I really hope that you start posting the Third Book right after this one is finished. I just might die from holding my breath otherwise. Then again, I'll wait regardless.

can't wait for more.

Thanks for sharing.

Enjoy
miss-life chapter 31 . 9/11/2009
Oh my, Eve will die in the last chapter won't she? I've went and read the summary for the last book and the whole " But without her, what will I do? Nothing will be the same, and the blame is entirely mine." is, in my opinion, hintin that Eve will die. Plus you've already told us before ;)
AestheticBreezyDoll chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
I really liked Vinny in this chapter, even if he didn't say much. :D I knew Cindy wouldn't give up easily! Hahaha. And I have a feeling that a war's gonna start at the end of the book. :

Hope you update soon! :)
Xanthe P chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
Yay, I'm glad to be counted as being part of your sunshine! :)

Whee, Helena was so awesome. Cinderella pretty much amazes me with her obstinance... can't wait to see what's gonna happen next!
xInkMusique chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
So, eve's gonna die? :( aw. Another great chapter though :) I didn't really expect it, but i should have seen it coming. Cindy's not a person that'll back down easily. I'm a little confused with why they can't just banish Cindy and be done with it, although that'll probably change the story line a lot. Thanks for the update! :)
LondonLi chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
You know what I don't get? Why is Cinderella being allowed to roam free and spout off all this nonsense? No one actually LIKES her; she has no true hold on the throne; should she just be banished or thrown in a dungeon or something? Thanks for the update!
MuseofMagic chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
-gets out her stamp of approval and stamps it all over this chapter in bold velvety black ink- Need I say more?

Cait
TreeWhisperer chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this chapter. And Vinny seems to have gotten over his brain damage in which he was mean to Helena! For that, I am thankful.

I'm happy for Aurora and Peter! They're getting what they deserve, some nice family time near the ocean. Though I'm curious as to what happens to Cindy. She doesn't seem like she'll change her habits anytime soon.

I can't wait until the next chapter!
Erika-Faye chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
this was a really good chapter :)

i wish Vinny and Helena had gotten the chance to dance though lol that would've been amusing! i'm sure Vinny would've come up with some way to make us all laugh at his teasing Helena.

can't wait for more :D

Erika.
SpotWillRuleTheWorld chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
Is Eve gonna die? No!

Sorry I ruined your surprise...

Awsome chapter. Update!
dwpea chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
great chap, as usual.

wow, i'm really impressed at how realistic and complex their emotions are. eg. Cindy's personality is very consistent and Aurora can't just have a 360 degree personality change. And Helena really has gradually matured! Thus this chapter was really good!

keep it up!
eaststar chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
I like how you helped Cindy to live on in the story by giving her another goal- to try to destroy Drusilla's happiness. I'm looking forward to seeing her again!
Written chapter 31 . 9/10/2009
hey :)

okay, so I think I am all caught up now. I enjoyed these chapters, particularly the scene with aurora at the very end of this one, where she explains things to her mother. I think it's hard to be a "good" person, to innately change who you are, but it is possible to manually... I don't know, shift the way you look at the world. the way aurora seems to have done. I like how you handled that, especially her bitterness at the end despite everything. I'm a bitter, envious person at heart but it's something I've struggled for a lot of years with, and even though it's still there, it doesn't get the better of me anymore, so I can totally see this being true.

Cindy is really shameless in this chapter and I love it, because I don't want her to really change her ways, haha. but she totally got what she deserved... I just wonder what she'll do in the future.

I love your author notes because it kind of feels like you just can't keep secrets, haha. but I don't mind, because I'm one of those people who reads the end of the book before reading the beginning. I know, I'm backwards. but I get so aggravated with stories on FP, because I can't sneak around and read the end first! haha. so your little hints help me along :)

all right, ranting, I'm going to end this review now... I feel there's been enough random tangents here for one day :) sorry for not being around much this summer! I've definitely enjoyed reading. as always, you're an inspiration. I think the strength of your writing is the characters and their interactions. love it.
697 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »