Reviews for Music
SayIt'sWrong chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Beautiful piece! I really enjoyed it and you wrote it well.

Great job.

Placebo rock!

Thanks for your review!

And I'm loving your avatar on your profile page!

[QV]
Esther Jade chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Review game!

I like the last four lines. The lines "because...ear" have a really nice turn of phrase. The lines "For...hear" have a really nice run-on element. Also, I think the rhyme and rhythm in those last four lines is really nice.

In other parts of the poem you also use a lot of run-on lines but I don't think they are particularly effective. They feel a bit random to me and I can't really seem to see why they are there.

Also, the line "the each and every beat" suggests to me that the poem as a whole should have more rhythm. For me, I could only really feel the rhythm near the end and in that line - if the beat of the music is important, it feels like the poem should be imbued with it.

Finally, the alliteration in the first two lines - I'm not sure about it. One the one hand, the two concepts are linked quite nicely together with it. On the other, it again feels a bit random to me. The "s" I get - it does go; but the "p" is a plosive sound and that doesn't really work for me in this context.
trying chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
That was an amazing poem, I really enjoyed reading it. You have very good vocabulary, and I love the way you write. :)
a certain slant of light chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
OMG I LOVE PLACEBO!

Sorry, got a little carried away.

*clears throat*

Anyway, this is so brilliant it's out of this world. The two first lines are so very true. The ninth, tenth and eleventh lines are so very true, too, about the world.

PLACEBO RULES! (Again, sorry, couldn't help myself... ;P)
Cue B chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
That was very thoughtful, and that is often how I feel when I listen to my favorite bands. I love the meshing of pain and pleasure as complimenting one another. I like how you portray aching and longing with every beat; however, the mind is still harmonizing with the music simultaneously.
me. moi. ich chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
i like it. it's so true how music can be almost addictive in a sense, with the way that it just seems to dig inside of you like a fishing hook- it gets stuck there, and just seems to pull you along until you reach the rod, or the core of the music, where you can just feel it reverbrating inside of you. nice job, you pulled off that feeling very well.