Reviews for Life In Progress
Ambeeka chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
this almost made me cry... i cant imagine what that felt like. to lose my best friend would be one of the worst things that could possibly happen to me. i'm soo sorry for you. :/

it's nice though, that you're able to talk about it. )

btw wonderful story.
Wylloa chapter 1 . 3/25/2009
This makes my heart hurt. I've lost nine friends in the past five years. It never stops hurting. You never forget.

My heart goes out to you.
Adaleigh Faith chapter 1 . 6/30/2008
Hey Sasha,

I think this is an amazing start ( if you're planning on making it a book). I ran across it for the same reason you wrote it. I miss Liz like crazy. Every day that goes by I think of her and try to tell myself it didn't really happen. Liz was a major part of my life. When I was dating Richard, Liz became not only my best friend, but my little sister. I loved her so much. We shared a twin sized bed for about 3 months...I'll never forget that. Or the stupid fights we got into...or the funny times we had. So I can really relate to you and how you're feeling. Some days are worse than others...but I try to remember her smile...her laugh...and the way I felt when we were together. Thats what keeps me going. I remember the day I told Liz I was getting married...she told me " I better be invited, or I'll kick your ass!" ...I told her "Well if you're not there...I'll kick yours". My wedding was two weeks ago...we made Lizzie our Maid of Honor. We lit a Memorial Candle with her picture on the alter and left a space for her where she would have stood. Even on the happiest day of my life I can remember looking at her face on piano, where her picture sat, and melting into silent tears...wishing desperately that she could be there. I know she was there in spirit...I wouldn't have gotten through the day if she hadn't...but the empty space in my heart still craves her to be near. So, yes...I can relate. I hope that reading this doesn't make you feel like I'm trying to belittle your feelings, or make you feel like I'm trying to say I was closer or...you know...whatever...just want you to know that you're not alone. And I know we don't really know each other that well, but if you ever need to talk...I'm always here. You can find my myspace from her memorial page...I can give you my number if you want. Feel free to message. Hang in there girl. As long as we remember...she's still with us.

Savannah (Tice) Vian
LiMay chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
:( im really sorry..

this is so sad. I can sort of relate because i've lost a best friend as well. Its a guy, but still. Not that he passed on, stuff happened between us and we just suddenly stopped talking. sigh. i miss him though. i really do.

anyway, hope you'll be fine!

great piece!
Just me.Jessie B chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
The way you write makes your readers connect with you. I can feel your pain through your words even though I haven't lost my best friend. I always think that a good story is one that forces you to relate even if you haven't been in that situation. It brought tears to my eyes being able to feel the pain and passion you put into this. I commend you for being so open and sharing things that most people would keep to themselves.

Jessica

Just me...Jessie B.
LyricsArePoetry chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Oh that's so sad. I'm really sorry :(!

I've never had a friend who died. But I had a friend who was ill once, and I was worried she would. so I can sorta relate. Kinda.

That ex of ya's sounds horrible!

Brilliantly written btw!
totallyinspired chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
oh gosh that was really powerful. totally going on my favourites :-). and i can sort of relate, i lost my best friend, she didnt die but we're not best friends anymore. and everything reminds me of her. lol she was such a lesbian, she would always joke about it. we used to have tonnes of fun, i miss her so much!