Reviews for Soul Sold on eBay
Archia chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Awww, this is sad. I like the idea of using something like eBay to sell a soul. I don't think it matters at all that it's short, it has its effect.
xmovedx chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
tragic, beautiful
punctured.lungs chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
whoa.

really makes you think.
My Parakeet Has Issues chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
Interesting. . . I'm not completely sure what the message of it is (because I'm bad at interpretting poetry), but I know what it's about.

Nice job,

My Parakeet Has Issues
Open your eyes Chopstick chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
oh man...i had to read this twice. i decided to read the reviews you got first, and when someone said they sorta cried in the end of reading your poem, i could understand now. this is a really good poem. not trying to ego boost you at all...but it's just truly good.
purplehost chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Why? Was it really necessary for me to sniffle and tear up at the end? I guess. I really liked it, for what it's worth.
Niki Tori chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
This was a very impacting poem. Amazing how you made an emotional story with so little words!Very nicely done!

Much Love and Many Hugs

Niki T.
RavenclawMoose chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
I like your poems. The last few lines of this, especially, really caught my eye. It expressed a great deal of hope tied up with pain and desperation in just a few words. Nice.

RM
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
The last stanza breaks my heart... You have given "soul-selling" a good twist.
One-Hand Clap chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
Gotta love those eBay bargains, huh? Nice poem - very much in the style of Bukowski and extremely likeable. The bold format was annoying, and if you were to re-type it, I'd get rid of it altogether. The simplicity of this poem is what made it so likeable. The last couple of lines were the clincher. First lines seemed somewhat pious - in a nihilistic (is it supposed to be nihilistic? that's how I read it - but that just might be me impressing my views upon it!) poem, 'unholy'... hmm. I didn't like it very much. If you could've said 'intrinsic mail'... but that may have dislocated your point too much... Crap, I'm musing out loud again. A really nice poem, anywise. Added to my favourites.
Kawaii Panda-Chan chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
OMG! Dude, YOU'RE BACK! AH! *jumps up and down squealing*

Okay...better now. Sorry I did that...just couldn't help myself. Out of the old trio (or at least what I thought of as the old trio) of me (Starlite Dragin, once) you (Dice Darwin) and Otohime (now My Judith...wtf?) I was like the only one left for ages and ages and...shutting up.

So, yeah. I'm estatic 'cause both of you are finally BACK! Was friggin' lonely without anyone to reveiw constantly for no reason...

Unless you don't wanna talk to me anymore. Which I'd understand... *breaks into hysterical tears*

Joking. Really. Anyways, you want to contact me I'm on a brand spanking new account called Stray Enchantments.

So...yeah. Maybe hear from ya soon?

Ja (and welcome back),

KPC/Stray Enchantments/(and for old time's sake) Starlite Dragin!
Oracle of Destiny chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
That's quite an interesting take on selling your soul. Normally people would sell their souls to the Devil but this is very modern.
Spirit Tigress chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Now that makes me feel different about selling one's soul. I wanted to do that, just to see how high the bids would go, but now I'll change my mind after reading this.

Like I mentioned, the idea of selling one's soul on eBay sounds funny, but if the person had a reson like the man in this poem; it's really sad...
Kumquat21 chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Short and beautiful. What an impact. Is this a true story?
Tytherpol chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
haha amazing.

i love that your setting is introduced in the last stanza. i think that adds an awesome extra layer that the man already conceded is not who we should pity

as much as the woman who bought it

even though, in the end it all comes down to fact that this happens

dude it's just entirely amazing, actually.

i mean, i always really hate it when people try to explain their interpretations of my poems in their reviews. for some reason it just makes me really angry when they're wrong.

which is weird because i'm not really much of an angry person..

so i won't bother trying to explain what i took from it.

just that i really, really liked it. a lot.