Reviews for Perfectly, Preposterously, Penelope
HoPELeSS.RoMaNTiiC chapter 7 . 7/16/2009
Aw no.!.

i normally make it a habit to check the last update date before i read but i overlooked it until i read the last chap.!.

plz tell me you r continuing this story.?.

its way to good to stop.!.
Lerene chapter 2 . 12/29/2008
She nodded to the phone! I almost fell off my chair when I read that.

I love your characters, their so much fun.
violet-eyez chapter 7 . 12/4/2008
so aaron likes her, so is she going to end up with shane or aaronÉ
chel bel chapter 6 . 11/25/2008
Well, this review is about 2 days late, but I was waay busy and wanted to wait till I had the time to do a good one :) Anyway, I pretty much loove the story. Your characters are so realistic and relatable which most people on here can't seem to accomplish. It's also well-written and the romance/humor genre has always been one of my favorites. Oh, and I love Ollie too. I have a friend just like him and as soon as he was introduced in the story that's who I thought of, haha. And your story is totally making me want to move back to New York. I'd so much rather be there now than in LA :( Oh and Twilight fans are gonna get you for this :P Haha even if I am a fan I enjoyed that stab at it. But please, please continue to update! Even if no one else does I'll definitely keep on reading :) Haha, keep it up!
katydid2363 chapter 6 . 11/24/2008
You've got a winner here so please continue!
Rizzy chapter 1 . 11/24/2008
Hilarious! I go to school in manhattan, and I must say, I can relate to Penelope xD Maybe because I am somewhat of a klutz too, but I have yet to spill coffee on a stud (haha!) I love where this story is going so far. Ah! I also admire you for diving into NaNoWrimo, I'm far too afraid...

I'll definitely read the rest!
SaintCase chapter 2 . 7/31/2008
NYAH! HAI L-ROMANCE AT SHORT NOTICE! I had that sharpied on my hip for awhile, along with 'POPTARTS AND OREOS!-Love Sean' ANYWAY! onto your review before my driving instructor gets here. It's awesome! Congrats on getting this finally up and running! Looking forward to Ollie coming into the story (because I love Ollie and still ahte you a little bit about him) and Ellie is a very well written character, kind of like a more likeable Holden Caulfield. And beleive me I love Holden, so kudos!

KTHANXBAI.
Bazooka Joy chapter 2 . 6/9/2008
I know exactly how you feel about this one. I've had several ideas but not enough experience and knowledge to write them. As usual, they sound much better in my head. A lot of authors don't have the knowledge and experience either so they just do extensive research, ie interviews with older college-age students in your case. But you probably don't want to do all that. Also has to do with the author's ability to write. I say don't give up on this, just give it time. I've been juggling one of my great ideas in my head (which was based on a dream) for about three years. It'll come to me. And you as well. Good luck.
Its.Not.Me.Its.You chapter 2 . 5/18/2008
i love the story!

i have faith in you!

hope theres nore soon!

-ifly*hugs*
CaveDwellers chapter 2 . 5/15/2008
No real life experiences to use as a base for the characters you know and love? Oh, I know your problem so well. It happens with me all the time. And I know this probably sounds stupid, but have you tried researching the subjects you're having trouble with? Asking someone who's been there? Read some books written by the adults that have been there, even as an example of how some adults think about it? It could offer more insight than you think, if you look at it just so.

Those're probably what've helped me the most. I've also made a habit of listening to what people in those types of situations talk about, or just the general way people in that age bracket act and interact with each other. The way they talk, dress, what they consider important-the works.

It's hard being so young and knowing you know so little about the outside world, I know. Totally takes all the fun out of writing through an adults' perspective.

My advice? Calm down. You sound like you're hyperventilating about this instead of actually facing the issue. These're all computerized documents. If something happens and you realize you've left a plot hole here or there you can go back and fix it and then reupload the chapter to FP so that new readers won't know the difference. If it's really a big deal, then tell your later readers about it and move on. If you're really and honestly trying to get up on information about this Real World stuff and not just standing around fretting about it, then the possibility of being in over your head isn't nearly as great as it seems.

No, you may not know all the itty bitty details (because you're looking at facts as well as perspective, right?), but in a lot of ways you don't have to. In the end, it all comes down to the characters, their experiences and feelings. If you know your characters well enough and have even a general idea of what a fresh college graduate has to go through in terms of bills, job(s), paying off student loans, gas, etc, then your characters can carry you through it.

Facts help to give you a good crutch for your story, something only to support it, but unless your story is only about those facts or what happens at these people's jobs, then it's okay. Again, it's all about the characters, what they can teach you, and what experiences they can share with you. That's where the heart of a story lies.

You see your world through a perspective totally different than what your readers see. They don't notice half of the details you do, and neither do they notice the errors unless they're looking for something to criticize or to give con crit on.

The whole point of this rant is to say suck in a breath and take the plunge. As ridiculous and cliched as it sounds, you'll never learn unless you try, and as you try you'll get better and better at maneuvering yourself around these obstacles or realize the areas that need a little help. First and foremost(sp?), writing should be fun and recreational. You need to enjoy what you're doing, not hyperventilating over the details. Just calm down and have fun. Enjoy the story and characters, and don't worry. They're probably not as bad as they seem.

I'm not trying to bash you, and I'm not trying to sound mean. You just sound really stressed out by this details and lack of real experience thing, and I'm hoping that maybe I can offer you some advice because I've been there, too. I'm still there in more ways than one, but I've learned to not be so... uptight about it, I suppose. Maybe these things'll work for you, maybe they won't. I just ask that you please don't take offense because I'm talking-writing? Talking? That's a bit confusing-like this. I really like this story you've set up and I'm eager to see how it plays out.

'Til next,

CD 1.0
Bazooka Joy chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
Ahh, I know a Shane and I don't really like him so every time I saw the name I shuddered, haha. But anyway, how in the world did she know those random facts about him? lol especially the one where he has a birthmark on his ankle shaped like a strawberry? Funny. And touching his palm flat to the same wrist...I had to read it a few times to get what you meant...but wow! So is Ollie gay or somethin? Just wondering. But so far this is good. Left me with several questions as you can see but I'm sure a lot of things will be cleared up in upcoming chapters.
Junie-Jun chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
sounds great so far! Ill be looking forward to it so please continue