Reviews for Just Thought You Should Know
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I really enjoyed the imagery in this piece. They were vivid and well described and provided the poem with a wonderful soft tone. I adore the line about catching her knowledge. It ties in beautifully with the first image of the dancer. I thought that was rather clever on your part because you tied the first stanza back in with the third.

Review courtesy of The Review Game’s Review Marathon. For more info, visit the link on my profile.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
Thanks for participating in the Review Marathon!

I really like the idea here of the parallel stanzas with the repetition of caught and the phrasing of the last line. In the first stanza that last line sounded a bit awkward to me though. Because it seemed almost like red, passion's color would flow better. I did like the descriptions though, especially in the first stanza. The one thing that confused me was you say "her skirt" and then in the next stanza "prince charming." If your changing between the two of them it's cool, but then it confuses me because I dunno whose point off view the last stanza is in.
Steampunk Champagne chapter 1 . 3/15/2008
I like it. In particular, the use of italicized words at the end of each verse caught my eye- it creates such a beautiful rhythym. The poem itself is curiously fleeting and vivid in its description, which gives an image of the dance you speak of: short sharp movements, punctuated by longer, smoother phrases.

Overall, a nice job. Faintly Greek in its style, and bizarrely but interestingly handled. My commendations.

-Steampunk Champagne