Reviews for vacations in india
Pink Parfait chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
How beautiful, how true. Excellent and exquisite. You captured India magnificently.
hey maria chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Completely agree with the first verse! Summers in India are the best, there's something really invigorating about the rain.

I like the characterization of your aunt, especially when you talk about her blue bangles knowing how to make "saffron hands seem flawless." That's a really apt description. And I love the verse about the temple, mosque and church. I'm from Kerala so I can definitely relate to the Hindu-Muslim-Christian harmony thing.

I think the theme is kind of too broad though. It encompasses a lot - your relationship with your aunt, cultural identity, religious harmony. It could be narrowed down a bit, IMHO. But otherwise it's a really sweet and descriptive poem.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Such gorgeous imagery throughout this poem. I love how you used all these different senses; I think my favorite was using smell in the kitchen. That's something so often ignored in writing, so bravo for remembering. :) I really liked some of your verb usage, too - "Her eyes sift through the room" and "all folding into the same culture" stick out in my mind. Just great action verbs there. And it's a personal poem, which just makes it even better. Fabulous job. Keep writing! :)
b-U-b-TRUE chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
this is absolutely beautiful. You paint a vivid picture. I can tell that this comes to you naturally. Great job!
Ashelin chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
I really loved the feel of this poem, and the descriptions of emotions and places and idealogies you used. I adored the last two stanzas. This was really cool, and very personal and interesting. Great job.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
I love the imagery, the descriptions... very tangible.