Reviews for Lilith's Visit
The Wandering Blue Andalite chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
Very well done I say. Your take on Lilith's personality was an entertaining read. She is very well prose in her speech, yet at the same time you can tell she is a bit off her rocker. She is reasonable and enticing. I like how you focused not actually on Lilith but Eve. Poor poor Eve. You know, there are myths out there stating there to be two Eves.

It went something along the lines of Adam was lonely and asked God to make him a helpmeet. This is how Lilith came into existence. Things happen that I won't get into, but we both know she escaped. Than Adam complained to God again and so He created a second Woman for Adam. Adam watched as God took bones, flesh, tendons, hair, etc. and built a Woman. Even though she stood in all her beauty, Adam was repulsed. This was the first Eve. The story ends with, "No one knows what became of her", and God tried again but this time put Adam to sleep and took a rib from his chest.

This whole tangent really does have a point, I promise. Is the Eve in your story the first or the second one? "No one knows what became of her." She could still escape. Oh the plot bunnies.
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
This poem was lovely and well-written.
hassliebe chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
hello, I just wanted to say I really liked you're story, that soft way in which Lilith speaks, and the almost caring way in which she tries to convince Eve of being free. And Eve's attitude, was a nice way of showing how many women are today, submissive even when they crave for more. It was fluent and easy to read, I really liked it.
Malissa Michelle White chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
This piece is very nicely wrought, and very creatively provoking. It envokes the sense of Milton's serpent poisoning Eve through the ear. Though, trying to inspire equality, rather than subservience. You also do a great job of distancing yourself from demonization: Lilith being commonly associated with a succubus, or demon of the night, and the cause of Adam's 'nocturnal emissions' so to speak. You effectively worked against that strain by having Lilith come to Eve. Also, Lilith is represented here as a keeper of sacred knowledge and could be seen as lacking innocense, whereas Eve-her little sister-is the weaker for her innocense, and lack of knowledge. But, being of Adam's rib, what else can be expected of her?

Great work...sorry to get all English Major-y on you, but i love what you envoke here!