Reviews for On Glass Jars
Heise chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Lovely.

It may mean practically nothing to you, because you've probably known this and heard this a thousand times ... but in my mind, you're no less than that other girl. These breathtaking words are testament to the fact that to me and my fellow anonymous readers on the internet, You are way better than her. She may mean something to her friends, I know, but to us, you mean this much. You wrote beautiful, beautiful words, and made me cry and smile and you blew up my heart. Your words about being alive made me feel alive. Reading your stories, I feel like I've taken a hard, loud breath of air after being underwater for a long time. Your stories give me hope. And I hope you never lose these sentiments.
prado.red chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
This is something really original. Kind of a peek into someone else's life and something you can really relate to.
procrastinatenow chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
I like this window into your life. It's sweet and honest - something a lot of people can't or won't be on fictionpress.

Jorgia
rinfais chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Let's start with this: Welcome back.

Normally, I can't be buggered about paperback nonfiction, much less nonfiction in gen. News articles, journal articles, or some other curios; I'm fine with that. Essays are a bit more iffy, unless it's an engaging creative. But on the whole, I've never bothered with essays, never bothered to look for them. (The only reason I got around to reading this is because you're on my Alerts.)

I realize, now, that I've been missing out a potentially good section of reading on FP. So. Thanks. :] And as contrived as it sounds, this really was an interesting piece.

ps. The bit about college life? It makes me realize (well, not realize; more like emphasizes) how easy (easier) I have it. I have the liberating luck to dorm, but because I attend a city campus that is just a 30-minute train ride away from home; dorming isn't as hard as I imagined it would be. The best of both worlds, I suppose.

But yeah. T-shirts for pillowcases? ...Thanks for the idea :D

pss. And for some reason, I always imagined sand dunes moving like ocean waves. Or sidewinder snakes.
Angel Street chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
(I haven't written a review in years).

I enjoyed this piece: autobiographical, exposed, bare, poetic. Yes, I agree with you, it was rather disconnected, but I think in this case, it works. (Though be careful sometimes).

Thank you for these morsels of reflection.

A.