Reviews for Flash
MatthewPaul chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Given the assigned prompt I thought you did pretty well. However, the transitions between reality and the daydreams didn't exist for me; it just slipped from one to the other without warning. I don't know if you would like to make it easier to read or not, but in The Sound and the Fury (Faulkner) there are a ton of time/perspective changes, and when it occurs there are usually sections or phrases italicized to help. As a reader, this is the one thing I would like to see if this story goes through another revision.
desire to be unique chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
That really got me thinking, 'what the hell is going on?' When I reached the end when the father walks in, I thought that maybe she's a bride whose about to get married (duh!), and is just relieving all the things that she's been through in her life, which was confusing considering the fact that she was an agent, and then in a german class all of a sudden, lolz. Anywayz, really good, and kept me thinking through out that maybe I am the crazy one who just doesn't understand the story.
JaeB chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
Although it's not exactly the same thing, this reminds me of stream of conscious literature. Have you ever read "The Sound And The Fury"? If you have, you'll no what I'm talking about. William Faulkner was known for that. His "Go Down Moses" is even better. Anyway, thoroughly enjoyed!

It's refreshing to see an original for a change. Keep up the great original work! Never stop writing.

yours truly,

-Jae-
rawr.yeah chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
That was really great, you moved into the daydreams in a way that it took a while to realize it. The writing's amazing.
Christy Leigh Stewart chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
That was very surreal and beautiful. You did a wonderful job with this.
GrannyP chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Oh my goodness... I feel so proud. Even without your author's note, I figured out (er... around the time of the ballerina stuff, I must admit) that this was some weird in-and-out of daydream land story, and then I found it kind of funny. Before that moment, I was sitting here with a confused look on my face going, "I have no idea what is happening." But then it hit me and I know I'm not completely insane. Maybe just a little bit though.

Anyway, definitely creative!