Reviews for The Haughty Princess
IhaveNoAmbition969 chapter 24 . 7/15/2018
This is not an original story, not sure it belongs on this site honestly not even sure it belongs on fanfiction
IhaveNoAmbition969 chapter 25 . 11/30/2016
I'm sure it could've been a wee bit farther
IhaveNoAmbition969 chapter 1 . 12/8/2015
Very good chapter. This is my second time reading this, still just as good. A few mistakes here and there, you should reread this and fix them up. Other than that great!
Maggie chapter 25 . 1/11/2014
I really enjoyed your story.
Though, if you plan to revise it, I would suggest developing your setting a bit more. I never really got a sense of what time or place the story happened in. I believe Ruthia says something about it being the fourteenth century, but it didn't feel very fourteenth-century to me. They wouldn't have known what fat cells (Ruthia's sister mentions fat cells in a conversation) were because there was very little in the way of science. In that time, a bit of plumpness on a woman's figure might've been considered to be more attractive than thinness. They would not have read the Bible because peasants were illiterate; I don't even know if the printing press was invented, so Bibles would be kept within the Church and were probably in Latin. Slits would not be allowed in the dancer's skirts; that would be deemed extremely immodest, even more so than a low-cut neckline. They might not have celebrated birthdays. At King Adam's wedding, how was there full light on the dancers' stage? I don't recall there being electricity. The names of the characters seem as though they have different cultural origins even when the characters are of the same nationality. Water would not be served at a royal wedding (That would be a scandal!). And I don't know if terms like "dilly-dally" and "flirt" were used back then. And I believe physical touch was kept to a minimum in public. Some dances, like the minuet, were banned for women because of proximity of partners, so only men could dance it. Eventually, people moved past that, but that was later on.
So if you revise this, it would be great if you brushed up on your research. But, despite my nit-picking, I found your story very enjoyable. I liked your twist on the King Thrushbeard fairy tale. I like how Ruthia handled her heartbreak after her initial meltdown and put her life together instead of just moping around and waiting for a man to fix her problems. It's nice to see that in literature. I enjoyed her narration and your spelling and grammar was pretty good for the most part.
Thank you for sharing this lovely, feel-good story!
kage Elric chapter 25 . 7/7/2013
GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! QW;GJK3N5P98Y AW['4OU'oiqh4; Oh my god!1 this was so beautiful and lovely and wonderful and just ugh i love you and this story! I want a Fred! Damn it man! lol but seriously, i really enjoyed reading this story from beginning to end. i loved all the characters (most of them anyway) and it was just a really good read. Good job, you did good :)
MarggiS chapter 25 . 7/5/2013
I love this chapter and I love this story. I can't wait to read the epilogue! I love your take on this fairytale. I hope you do more of the lesser-known Grimms tales in the future!
IhaveNoAmbition969 chapter 9 . 6/25/2013
hey, i like the story so far, your a great writer, cannot wait for the next chapter
1supergirl4 chapter 25 . 6/10/2013
Another amazing chapter! I enjoyed it. I like how you made them get married at the end of the chapter. It seemed fitting that way. :)
Derryn chapter 24 . 6/5/2013
please milady,
would you care to extend the honour which you have bestowed upon us and set a faster pace to your hobby? i'm sure that the quality of your piece will be retained- after all it IS you! It is truly dashing and graceful.

hope you appreciate that yet the message in it is true. would you please write it faster. I'm hooked.
MarggiS chapter 24 . 5/22/2013
I really really live this story! I can't wait to read the next chapter!
1supergirl4 chapter 24 . 5/21/2013
I enjoyed the new chapter! You did an amazing job and I can't wait to read more! :)
1supergirl4 chapter 23 . 5/12/2013
I find this story very enjoyable and you have done a wonderful job so far! I hope you can update it again soon because I am anxious to know what will happen next. :)
Umog chapter 23 . 5/8/2013
Hi,

i apologize for not posting a review earlier, but i have to confess i was at a loss for words.
My point of view about your story is the following:
You wrote a story of more than 90k words, which a feat in itself.
Regarding the language you are using i am not much of a judge, because Englich is not my native language, but i think it is good to read and appropriate for a story placed in a medieval world, with some exeptions. (I did not like "zoned out", i think it does not fit)
Your story arc is well thought out, to me it seems you prepared a lot of details for exactly this ending at the first chapters.
Speaking of details, you give enough detailled descriptions of rooms, furniture, clothing etc to fill the story with life, but you also leave enough to the imagination of the reader.
The change of character of Ruthia is exacly like it needed to be, you left enough of the "old Ruthia". (for example like she deals with Mme Catalina)
These are the reasons, why i think you should publish this story.
What i do not agree with is your attitude regarding reviews.
I am a little bit under the impression that your motivation for writing is to gather reviews.
Also i do not see the connection between the fact that a story is worth publishing and the amount of reviews.
From my point of view the strength of a site like fictionpress is at the same time its biggest flaw.
Within limitations one can post anything here, but on the other hand nobody is ever forced to post anything!
You took a break of more than a year and i just recently noted that you have started posting again.
You started publishing in 2008 and in that time probably gained and lost several readers simply due to the fact that it has been 5 years since then.
So this is my advice:
Use everything you can from the reviews, but keep in mind that they are just comments about your story, they have got nothing to do with your person.
Consider why you are writing stories.
I do not know if you are planning to write more stories, but i think you have a gift for writing and it would be wasted if you do not write more.
I hope this has been helpful, if not, simply ignore it!
Keep writing!
littlepinkvoice chapter 4 . 4/17/2013
Wow, I really liked this one :) You don't add to much detail to make it
boring. Also want to compliment you on your word usage and how you
portrayed the characters personality!
Kage Elric chapter 23 . 4/17/2013
Erm mi Gerd! i love this story to pieces i swear! i'm so glad that Ruthia is beginning to heal and going back to usual confident self (but i'm also glad she seems to have permanently gotten rid of her rotten behaviour from before) I missed seeing Fred in this chapter tho *pout*, he better be in the next one and oh my GOD i'm so excited for this wedding! XD it's gonna be so exciting and the drama that shall ensue! (honestly i hope there's no drama and things turn out well enough, or at least not the kind of drama that runs around all the kingdoms through ridiculous rumours but whatever, SOMETHING's gonna happen and i'm excited ) Can't wait for the next chapter! ]
91 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »