Reviews for Quantity over Quality
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 3/28/2008
I do like this, though the last two lines make no sense to me. I think it's just the way they're worded. Yay for exclamation points, though. Always fun. And I do love that second stanza. Such a sad piece, though. Keep writing! :)
Richard chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Lonely.

Somewhat difficult to follow the first few times through.

It gives me the sense of happening over a long span of time, and grasping hopelessly at something you will never attain. LONELY.
Julius Gillian chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
'So I write—

with the belief that quantity over quality matters.'

I think those two lines really sums up the whole jist of your piece in my eyes.

I love this girl, she means everything to me, I've been in a small international school with her for three years and it's just been a whole series of unfortunate events. Unrequited love sucks, I'm not sure if that's entirely your story but that's the element I grabbed out of it.

I've written her tons of poems, and just referring back to the lines I quoted above, I'm trying to give myself the illusion (like you?) that quantity matters more than asking her out, holding her hand, being by her side, trying to be social or whatnot.

I really felt your voice, it's very matter of factly without being too strenuous to read.

I don't think there's anything I want to critique because I really liked it, it's not too complex and it's not too simple. The words are really just there to give or take and I liked that quality from you.

Maybe the only thing I would critique without glossing over it too much is the way you try describing your heart. It's sort of elongated, like how fantasy characters tend to talk. Instead of saying something simple they'll say it in a rich, poetic language almost on the verge of sounding ostentatious. I'm not saying yours is overly showy, but I try to diverge from that 'fantasy' like quality in my poetry because it sounds to etheral and not down-on-earth. That's just my take.

Anyway man, I hope you have a happy ending with this girl, I'd hate to think you're suffering :(

Great job,

- Julian
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
I like this... what you want to do in the beginning is really wel described, but then switching into what you actually can do and because of time was nice. The only thing is the third to last stanza saying all the letters are useless if they dont move them implied that quantity (all the letters) was not as important as quality (that would move them).. maybe I just missed something.

Anyhow really great piece
SayIt'sWrong chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
Lovely poem. I really enjoyed reading it. A lot of lines stood out to; they were really powerful as is the message behind it.

Good work. D

[QV]
Kenny chapter 1 . 3/21/2008
It's difficult for me to review poems simply because I don't really have the background in it. Overall, it looks fine, though the message seems in some ways distorted. I do think it's meant to be that way anyway, so no harm done. ;)
Purified Angel chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Roar, You're a dork, you know that...showing me this piece to inspire me for mine. I still think that this is more romantic and sweet than angst or dark, but that's just me. But good job, it's a nice poem with imagery present that kinda...enhances the poem D. Keep it up you bum :]!
May chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
i totally relate to this poem.

ACTUALLY i dont. but i can see where its coming from (:

But quantity over quality?

i disagree (:

i dont know why. but i just do.

kay i cant think of anything else now.
Lenners chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
So, can I "borrow" this poem for my literature class? See, I have this assignment where I have to write a love po- kidding :P

Very nice. :]
Zets chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Grammar errors:

Bending, wrenching, and twisting

to move you to such awe.

tock of the clock is a hindrance,

quantity over quality or quality over quantity?

through end in end