Reviews for The Ghost Writer
A.S. Leer chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
Review one! (of four that I plan to do...)I'll be doing chapters one through four!

Dialogue-

Characters- Your character is amazing. Brilliant. She's got very realistic reactions to things, and is logical, and isn't one of those perfect people. I especially like her issues with procrastination, as so many people have those (myself included!). And I want to know more about this editor.

Writing-

Spelling & Grammar- There aren't any glaring spelling errors, which is always good to hear from me (spelling bee champ). But in the 'I lived in Placerville...' paragraphy, I think after the clause 'I don't consider myself a farmer,' you should either keep the comma, but put in the word 'and' after it, or turn the comma into a semi-colon. Either one would work. Beyond that, I'm seeing nothing wrong.

Enjoyment- I enjoyed it immensely! The writer being psychic and having the trouble with it draws me in, and I not only want to know what's going to happen, I want to know what happened to them before this takes place! Plus, it's just so creepy...

Plot- It seems like an interesting premise, and it's something I've never seen done before. Or at least, if I have seen it, you warped it to where I didn't recognize it. The automatic writing thing seems intesting to me, and I wonder if I could do it... Anyway, as I said, it's a good idea so far.

Other-
Heath Forever chapter 9 . 4/8/2008
oh no! you cant just leave it there! no!

update soon!
FormerNoAccountOnFP chapter 9 . 4/8/2008
That Hale is a character! I picture grumbling. I liked her response to him though he probably is correct and it'll end not so great for her.

I have a load of remarks to add but basically I had been waiting for this chapter for a long time. Thank you for continuing to write. We don't thank the posting people a lot.

I'm really anxious to see, know, taste, feel more.
Heath Forever chapter 8 . 4/7/2008
omg ur killing me! update soon!
Antoniette chapter 8 . 4/6/2008
I just have to say that I love this story!

Are they gonna find the victim at Hale's house?

Wow! Keep it up! Good job!
FormerNoAccountOnFP chapter 7 . 4/3/2008
There is something I can't quite nudge with these two characters. As though they are but are not... a half friendship but then he entrusts her with his "ability" I don't know if he tells anyone else that he can see things. I sure wouldn't.

It was great to see if a soft moment. Nadiya strikes me as a strong willed and stubborn woman which is funny since Hale appears so passive.

And the killer... he is so close...

That would keep me wide awake!

More! More!
Nyleve Nalloc chapter 6 . 3/31/2008
Well then, isn't this funny? It's actually April Fool's in the real world.

Should I pull a joke on you?

So, from here on I am enslaved by suspense - wondering what happens next.

You've started the journey, so, it's time to see it through- all the way.

And I'm waiting.
FormerNoAccountOnFP chapter 6 . 3/31/2008
I should be shot! I have been reading and not reviewing though to my defense I haven't had an easy time logging into my account. I had changed my pass and then I forgot I had, and they banned me from the account for a bit.

You don't accept anonymous reviews and thus I was unable to leave proper feedback.

I really like your style here. I feel like if I get some honorary position being able to "see" from Hale, who is such an introverted person. If this were from Nadiya's POV I would have misjudged Hale.

So he called the police! I hadn't expected that. Won't the police suspect him later? Ouch.

The romance lover in me says, that the guy needs extensive nurturing. Some people haven't had enough love in life. Someone to worry and care for them in that non-exaggerated paternal way.

Somehow I have a feeling this "drive" won't lead to softness, but that's fine, I'm looking forward to the darkness.
Serenity Richards chapter 4 . 3/29/2008
I like this chapter much better than chapter three.

Chapter three felt so…haunted and slightly depressing. Chapter four had the same haunted feel, but there was something that made the chapter “lighter.”

I think part of the reason was the character interaction between Hale and Nadiya. Hale didn’t have much time for reflection. And then everything seemed to intensify, leading up to Hale’s call to the police.

I’m not quite sure if that’s the real reason or not, but its definitely part of it.

Keep writing
Serenity Richards chapter 3 . 3/29/2008
“Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw movement.” – This particular line reminds me of all my “moments” this week… Eh.

A grammar thing: “I turn on the faucet of first hot, and then cold water in the shower; the squeak of metal against metal causes me to cringe.”

I love Nadiya, though. I find it amusing that she is at Hale’s house to babysit… She’s a nice contrast to Hale because she isn’t haunted.
Serenity Richards chapter 2 . 3/26/2008
Nadiya Kingsley makes an appearance – this should be interesting. And for some reason I get “bad omen” vibes. Perhaps the missed call from Bailey is the reason…

Speaking of Bailey, this line: “I suspected though it might take Bailey some time to figure out that she wasn’t responsible in some way for the current situation and this new guy’s manipulative antics.” Didn’t make sense to me for some reason.

Maybe because of where it was placed or because it’s sometime in the early morning, I have no idea. But it was bugging me, so I thought I’d mention it.

Anyway, I still find this story intriguing. And I can’t wait to see the interaction between Nadiya and Hale!
FormerNoAccountOnFP chapter 3 . 3/26/2008
I don't know why, but Hale is a little funny. He feels like a genuine character, someone real and that's a good testament of your characterization.

I find it funny how Nadiya just comes down and imposes, which makes me think that he's more open to her in ways he's probably not realized himself.

Yet it gets more and more interesting. I do wonder how he plans to get her off his couch... it'll be nice to watch... will there be any banter?

Although Hale doesn't seem like one who likes to be prodded...

Update soon!
Nyleve Nalloc chapter 2 . 3/22/2008
This one will be good for you. Keep it up. I will be lurking through it.

I'm itching to know what you wanted to do... now I have to wait, like the others.

*glues you to the computer* Take your time.
Serenity Richards chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
Nef gave me the link to your fp account last night, and she tells me that it probably won’t be as awkward as I think to leave a comment. But…

*jumps out on blind faith*

So, originally I was just going to lurk and read stuff but I have a fetish for mysteries and couldn’t resist—I had to say something.

I love the flow of The Ghost Writer. It just seems flawless to me. I’m not too sure if I like how much the hairs on the back of my neck stand up after reading the beginning… Eh, the creepiness just—I’m intrigued. And I want to read more.

o.o

Perhaps, I’ll read the second chapter when it’s sunnier outside. I don’t want to jump at the shadows in my hallway tonight…[/easily frightened]
FormerNoAccountOnFP chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
Ok ok... came on to find a 6k document... which read similarly to another story that I found yesterday (since I had been absent, you see) and now it's different.

Prologue?

Well she does mention you're writing a different version. Now I am dying to see both in contrast!

And this first person... raw... flow... is excellent. Not to sound unoriginal but darn you... my skin is tingling and the hair is saluting the darned ceiling.

I cannot wait to see what you do with this. I want to see which version I like! If only she would update, arg.

You got some good brains. No doubt if you two would have continued, it would have been great.

Hope you keep first person. It's like dressing on a salad for you.
195 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13